LOCATION OF WORK
OUJE-BOUGOUMOU Waapithtiiwewan School
NATURE OF WORK
- Reporting to the Deputy Director General (Operations) of the Cree School Board (CSB), the Community Education Administrator (CEA) collaborates with school management in the implementation and monitoring of CSB policies and procedures. The CEA is the link to the community and supports community engagement. More specifically, the CEA is responsible for overseeing the organization’s resources for their specific community (includes all administrative functions, facilities and activities) in support of the Cree School Board’s mission, vision and goals.
- The CEA also collabortates with the Deputy Director General (Operations) and Cree School Board administrators on how to promote the optimal management of its resources at the local level and within the spirit of operational effectiveness and employee engagement.
- The CEA leads by example, fosters a spirit of teamwork, engages employees and facilitates a workplace culture in keeping with the CSB organizational values.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of the overall CSB Strategic Action Plan (5-year plan) as well as the annual planning process (priorities and objectives).
- Oversee the school budgets, including the preparation, implementation, monitoring and administration according to CSB policies, by-laws and procedures.
- In alignment with the Strategic Action Plan, develop and execute their individual plan in support of school and student success and community requirements.
- Ensure compliance with the overall CSB policies, by-laws, programs, procedures and Collective Agreements.
- Collaborate with the School Principal on the preparation and administration of the local budget and personnel plan and the Local School Improvement Plan (LSIP).
- Ensure liaison and coordination on local school matters between the band council, the School Committee, the School Principal, local entities and organizations, and community members. Responsible for administering all CSB property assigned under their responsibility (moveable and immoveable) in the community including the supervision and coordination of personnel, maintenance and repair works, special projects, acquisitions, and the management of all programs and maintenance contracts.
- Responsible for the administration of housing under their responsibility, including the maintenance and allocation according to relevant CSB policies
- Manage the Room & Board program.
- Responsible for the local transportation contracts and other transportation activities.
- Participate in resource selection and allocation (including work schedules and leaves), supervision coaching and professional development for all local non-pedagogical support team members under his/her direct supervision.
- Collaborate with the School Committee on all Human Resources matters regarding local nonpedagogical support staff including; monitoring of their appointment and engagement, promotion, reassignment, leave of absence, demotion, suspension, placement on availability or dismissal, as well as their vacation schedules.
- Collaborate with School Principal on all orientation and onboarding activities for new teachers.
- Oversee the health and safety measures and initiatives on school premises.
- Any other duties, as assigned by supervisor.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Undergraduate degree or hold a senior executive or senior staff position, excluding a manager position in a board;
- Five years of relevant experience; Solid leadership skills, strong oral and written communication skills;
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills and ability to build trust; Solid planning and organization skills;
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively across all levels and functions of the Cree School Board and to develop strong organizational knowledge and relationships;
- Results-oriented with problem solving abilities and attention to detail;
- Ability to promote teamwork within and across CSB departments;
- Ability to handle confidential information and sensitive situations appropriately;
- Travel may be required;
- Fluency in English is required;
- A working knowledge of the Cree language is required;
- Knowledge of the French language is definite asset;
- Replacement position for an undetermined period. 35 hrs/week
- Salary: $84,166.00 – $112,219.00 Northern Allowance: $ 8,484.00- $ 13,573.00
- *Given the current salary regulations and guidelines at the Cree School Board, candidates from another Quebec School Board will be able to obtain a salary as per the scale above-mentioned. However, candidates that are not from the education sector are not eligible to a salary above the midpoint of the position’s salary scale.
BEGINNING OF EMPLOYMENT
As soon as possible.
Please complete the Application Form found HERE. Please indicate posting #: OUJE-3936 Note that all documents submitted must be in PDF format.
DATE OF POSTING July 28, 2021
END OF POSTING August 11, 2021 5:00 PM