Communications Senior Specialist, Equity, Diversity and Inclusion (Corporate Development) (MON06705)
Work at CBC/Radio-Canada
At CBC/Radio-Canada, we create content that informs, entertains and connects Canadians on multiple platforms. Our successes and accomplishments are driven by embodying and upholding values, which include creativity, integrity, inclusiveness and relevance.
Do you think you have the ability and drive to keep up with this exciting, ever-changing industry? Whether it be in front of the camera, on air, online or behind the scenes, you would be joining a team that thrives on making connections and telling stories that are important to Canadians.
As a member of the Corporate Communications team, you are responsible for executing a corporate-wide internal and external communications strategy to position CBC/Radio-Canada’s equity, diversity and inclusion initiatives. More specifically, you will advise the team on communications initiatives that support the National Indigenous Strategy. You will also help develop the above strategy as well as create and execute communications plans for both internal and external audiences.
Please note that this position can be based in Toronto, Montréal, or Ottawa.
In this role, you will be expected to:
- Guide the team in developing and executing CBC/Radio-Canada’s internal and external communications strategy in support of the organization’s strategic plan and values.
- Develop, implement and execute communications activities and vehicles (news releases, newsletters, town halls, FAQs, key messages, internal memos, social media posts) to promote the initiatives taken by the President & CEO and the Equity, Diversity & Inclusion Working Group.
- Work closely with the CBC Engagement & Inclusion and Radio-Canada Community Inclusion teams in implementing a communications plan and related tools to support the development of projects for Indigenous and other communities.
- Advise on and create meetings, connections and events for CBC/Radio-Canada.
- Help position CBC/Radio-Canada as an inclusive workplace that reflects Canadian diversity in accordance with Corporate Communications and People & Culture objectives.
- Advise on best practices for communicating in a multicultural, multiethnic environment and with Indigenous communities. Coordinate the effort to ensure consistent language and terminology (researching and validating terms, assisting with translations, etc.).
- Coordinate project management and follow up with everyone involved (designers, writers, translators, etc.).
We are looking for a candidate with the following:
- University degree in a relevant field or equivalent experience along with three to five years of related experience
- Deep knowledge and understanding of Indigenous diversity
- Deep knowledge and understanding of Canadian diversity
- Solid understanding of the business challenges associated with multiculturalism in Canada
- Ability to understand diversity in perspectives and relay advice with sensitivity
- Creative, collaborative mindset; ability to work well in a team, take initiative and be adaptable
- Open mind; emotional and cultural intelligence
- Good grasp of business issues
- Bilingualism (English/French, spoken and written)
- Strong writing skills
Selected candidates will be tested as follows:
- Practical test
If this sounds interesting, please click on ”Apply online”. We thank all applicants for their interest, but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
CBC/Radio-Canada is committed to being a leader in reflecting our country’s diversity. That’s because we can only create and tell the stories that connect Canadians, by having a workforce that mirrors the ever-changing makeup of our country. That’s why we, as an employer, value equal opportunity and nurture an inclusive workplace where our individual differences are not only recognized and valued, but also extend to and pervade all the services we provide as Canada’s public broadcaster. For more information, visit the Diversity and Inclusion section of our website. If you have accommodation needs at this stage of the recruitment process, please inform us as soon as possible by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You are invited to consult and familiarize yourself with our Code of Conduct, which can be found on our corporate website. All employees must adhere to the Code as a condition of employment. We also invite you to take a look at our policy on conflicts of interest. In the event that you become an employee, it will be important to inform us, as quickly as possible, of any situation that, because of your hiring, constitutes or could appear to constitute a conflict of interest.