LOCATION OF WORK
Mistissini – Communications and Community Relations
NATURE OF WORK
The Communications Consultant contributes to the development and maintenance of communications as a creative member of the Communications and Community Relations Department (CCR) and they are assigned to Sabtuan Adult Education Services and are supervised for daily tasks by the Director of SAES.
- Provides external and internal communications services to the Sabtuan Adult Education Services.
- Creative services include planning and coordination of public relations activities, and contributing to the development of promotional materials.
- Required functions include writing press releases, newsletters, blogs, surveys, brochures, presentations, speeches, and content for videos.
- Supports the SAES section of the CSB website and the SAES internal newsletter.
- Participate in the SAES’ brand promotion in a creative manner.
- Prepares media kits and develops communication plans according to the needs and population targeted by the department of SAES. Evaluates the results of the communication strategies and means used.
- A bachelor’s degree in an appropriate specialty, notably:
- Public Relations;
- At least 3 years of related experience is required.
- Fluency in English.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Professional-level English proofreading and editing skills.
- Written and verbal communication skills in French and Cree are assets.
- French translation skills are assets.
- Excellent knowledge of internal and external communication concepts and practices.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office 365.
- Knowledge of design software and Mailchimp are assets.
- Experience in developing, and engaging in social media and web platforms;
- Skills in photography, audio and video are assets;
- Needs to be available to travel.
NOTE: Exceptionally and after evaluation of a candidate’s qualifications, years of pertinent experience may be recognized by the school board as equivalent in the case of a level of schooling lower than the minimum required.
- Regular full-time position. 35 hours/week.
- Salary: $24.46/h – $40.98/h
- Northern Allowance: $8,484.00 – $17,652.00
- This work involves numerous trips to different communities.
BEGINNING OF EMPLOYMENT
As soon as possible
Please send your CV by completing the Application Form found HERE
Please indicate the competition #: MIS-4098
Note that all documents submitted must be in PDF format. In you have any questions, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
DATE OF POSTING: November 25, 2021
END OF POSTING: December 8, 2021 5:00 PM