OPEN POSITION: Communications Consultant
COMPETITION NUMBER: MIS-3888
LOCATION OF WORK: Location to be determined – Communications and Community Relations
NATURE OF WORK
The Communications Consultant contributes to the development and maintenance of communications as a creative member of the Communications and Community Relations Department (CCR) and is supervised by the Director of CCR.
- Develop and provide creative services for the internal communication needs for the Cree School Board, including content for the internal website and newsletter.
- Provides external and internal communications services to the Office of the Director General, and the departments of the Board, such as Human Resources and Finance.
- Creative services include planning and coordination of public relations activities, and contributing to the development of promotional materials.
- Required functions include writing press releases, newsletters, blogs, surveys, brochures, presentations, speeches, and content for videos.
- Responsible for writing large scale projects such as the CSB Annual Report and CSB Communications Guidebook.
- Participate in the CSB’s Brand promotion in a creative manner.
- Actively supports the development and maintenance of the CSB’s Digital Asset Management, the Media library.
- Support the Chairperson’s Office and Council of Commissioners with information, the development of presentations and council highlights.
- Supports the development of communication training materials and tools as required and contributes to the delivery of communication training developed or obtained by the CCR department.
- A bachelor’s degree in an appropriate specialty, notably:
- – Communications;
- – Public Relations;
- – Journalism.
- At least 3 years of related experience is required.
- Fluency in English.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Professional-level English proofreading and editing skills.
- Written and verbal communication skills in French and Cree are assets.
- French translation skills are assets.
- Excellent knowledge of internal and external communication concepts and practices.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office 365.
- Experience in developing, and engaging in social media and web platforms;
- Skills in photography, audio and video are assets;
- Needs to be available to travel.
NOTE: Exceptionally and after evaluation of a candidate’s qualifications, years of pertinent experience may be recognized by the school board as equivalent in the case of a level of schooling lower than the minimum required.
Regular full-time position.
Salary: $24.46/h – $40.98/h
Northern Allowance: $8,484.00 – $17,652.00
This work involves numerous trips to different communities.
BEGINNING OF EMPLOYMENT
As soon as possible
Please send your CV by completing the Application Form found HERE
Please indicate the competition #: MIS-3888
Note that all documents submitted must be in PDF format.
In you have any questions, contact
DATE OF POSTING:
June 7, 2021
END OF POSTING:
June 18, 2021 3:00 P.M
In the above text, the masculine form also includes the feminine form