Job Offer : TOURISM DEVELOPMENT AGENT
PLACE OF WORK: 510-50 boul. Maurice-Bastien, Wendake (QC) (and teleworking)
SCHEDULE: 35 hours/week (flexible work hours)
STATUS: Full-time fixed-term employment
SALARY: Competitive salary within the salary range in effect
SOCIAL BENEFITS: Group insurance, pension plan, summer working hours
Under the supervision of the Deputy Executive Director, the Communications and Media Relations Advisor will strategically plan, organize and carry out communications and media relations activities relating to the Indigenous tourism industry and its members. The successful candidate will develop innovative communications and public relations strategies and work on a variety of projects, including communications and promotional plans to support ITQ’s strategic plan with a view to keeping members, partners and the tourism clientele well informed.
The Communications and Media Relations Advisor will use various communication media. The selected applicant will ensure protocol compliance, coordinate public relations activities and press tours and may be tasked with maintaining media relations, all in keeping with the branding of our specific sector. Ensuring the coordination of the organization’s main communication tools will also be required.
The Communications and Media Relations Advisor will play a vital role within the marketing team, working closely with teammates to achieve the strategic objectives of both the department and Indigenous Tourism Quebec.
MAIN DUTIES (Details available on request)
- Coordinate events, tours, committees and press relations.
- Coordinate and manage external communications (media, content, and social networks).
- Coordinate and manage internal communications (reports, status updates, presentations, briefs).
- Collaborate in writing and producing texts (for internal and external purposes).
- Responsible for media and business intelligence.
- Manage the annual communications budget.
- Manage relations with stakeholders.
- Any other related tasks.
Qualifications and Profile
Education and experience
- University degree in communications, public relations, tourism, Indigenous studies or any other related discipline.
- Experience in managing press relations and in crafting content intended for the public.
- Experience and knowledge related to the tourism industry, key stakeholders in Quebec and Canada, the travel trade, media, and tourism influencers, etc.
- Experience and knowledge related to the Canadian and international tourism industry (an asset).
- Excellent written communication skills.
- Coordination skills for press and familiarization tours and events.
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, Windows and mobile platforms.
- Bilingual imperative: candidate must be fluent in both official languages.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English and French.
- Knowledge of Indigenous languages (an asset).
- Ability to manage various projects simultaneously.
- Must be thorough, detail-oriented, independent and responsible.
- Demonstrate creativity, resourcefulness and a collaborative mindset.
- Ability to work under pressure and manage priorities.
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit your cover letter and résumé to Patricia Auclair, ITQ Operations Manager.
DEADLINE: Friday, SEPTEMBER 01, 2023 by 1 P.M.
By email only:
Please specify email subject line: Application for Communications and Media Relations Advisor
ABOUT INDIGENOUS TOURISM QUEBEC
Indigenous Tourism Quebec (ITQ) is a sectoral tourism association recognized by the provincial ministry of tourism. ITQ represents more than 175 tourism enterprises and band councils from all the Indigenous Nations in the province. ITQ’s mission is to safeguard the interests of Quebec’s Indigenous tourism entrepreneurs, to support their development and increase their visibility in international markets.
Note: Given equal skills, an Indigenous applicant shall be considered on a priority basis for this position. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.