LOCATION: Cree Nation of Washaw SibiMashaw Sibi Eeyou
Functional Responsibility :
Under the direction of the Director General and Chief & Council, the Cree Nation of Washaw Sibi is seeking a highly motivated, organized individual seek and bring information for the organization and its members on all news, updates, notices, etc., and also provide technical assistance to the personnel and Council . The Communication lT Coordinator will be in working terms of a combination with the Political level and Administration in accordance with established methods and procedures of the Cree Nation of Washaw Sibi and shall perform the following duties:
- Report to and support the Director General in all communication initiatives and in all manners pertaining to communications.
- Seeks and delivers all media and communication opportunities to promote Washaw Sibi, its members, Vision, achievement, and development
- Create , maintain and service a community website
- Encourage communication website contributions from various department of the Cree Nation of Washaw Sibi
- Establish relations with other Aboriginal and other media outlets i.e. radio, tv, newspaper, Facebook, Twitter, etc.
- Collaborate with Youth Council in providing opportunities to Washaw Sibi Youth to contribute news articles, photographs and other features to the newsletter and website
- ln consultation with the Chief and Council and the Director General, distributes Washaw Sibi newsletters, notices and other public notices (Cree Entities and external events) to the community
- Will communicate lines and support with various groups of the Community (Elders, Youth, etc.)
- Maintains active engagement with the lT service provider to quickly resolve issues related to hardware or software performance and resolve network issues.
- Other tasks directed from Director General
- Be a beneficiary of the James Bay Northern Quebec Agreement
Knowledge and Skills
- Problem solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of Cree history and heritage
- Knowledge of Cree Nation of Washaw Sibi
- Knowledge of Microsoft Outlook and Word
- Cree, English, French an asset
Education and/or Qualifications
- Diploma/Degree in Computer or lnformation Science
- Equivalent of education and experience that provides the required knowledge and skills will be considered
- Must be willing to take an oath of confidentiality
Please forward resume/c.v. to:
Viviane Poucachiche, Director General
Cree Nation of Washaw Sibi
141, Route Ouest, Amos, Quebec JgT 2Y1
Posting: August 7,2020 Deadline: August 28,2020 @ 4:00 p.m.