The Financial Program Technician is responsible for implementing, administering, and monitoring the financial activities of the various Commerce and Industry programs and projects, and providing assistance and information to recipients and to the Finance Department. In collaboration with the Manager of Development Initiatives, the incumbent is also responsible for following up on procedures in order to ensure compliance with the Funding Programs under DCI.
- Monitor the financial activities of all Commerce and Industry funded projects.
- Assess financial progress reports and claims from recipients.
- Assist in verifying contracts, prepare payments for disbursement of funds towards the projects and ensuring that processed claims are in compliance with Funding Agreements.
- Assist in coordinating and implementing established financial and administrative procedures.
- Assist Finance Department as required in respect to financial monitoring and reporting.
- Input and maintain data in the Cree Nation Government Information System on a daily basis.
- Assist in the preparation of monthly, quarterly and program financial reports.
- Ensure that the database is maintained and updated in order to provide prompt monthly reporting to the Finance Department.
- Ensure compliance on funding programs by maintaining the database and well referenced files according to the agreement requirements.
- Assist and cooperate with the Finance Department on internal audit of funding programs.
- Prepare and provide monthly financial statistical reports related to funding programs to the Director of Commerce and Industry.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge and skills in area(s) of responsibility.
- Perform other duties as required.
- College diploma in Accounting or related field.
- One to three years of relevant work experience.
- Fluency in verbal Cree.
- Fluency in English.
- Fluency in French is an asset.
Knowledge and Abilities:
- Customer-focused and service-oriented.
- Proven ability to communicate effectively.
- Proven ability to be discreet and maintain confidentiality.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to coordinate multiple projects.
- Strong judgment and proven ability to problem-solve.
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative.
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure and to adapt to a changing environment.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products.
- Typical office setting where there are no unusual physical demands.
- Willingness to travel occasionally.
The Cree Nation Government may, at its discretion, waive any or all of the aforementioned requirements if a suitable candidate who is a JBNQA beneficiary accepts to follow a training plan determined by the Cree Nation Government as a condition of employment.