- Period Of EmploymentFull Time
- Job Location Oujebougoumou
- Education Level College
LOCATION: Ouje-Bougoumou Cree Nation
STATUS: Permanent Fulltime
SALARY: According to Salary Scale of OBCN (Ouje-Bougoumou Cree Nation)
Reporting to the Director of Housing, the Collection Officer is responsible for the effective and efficient planning, coordination and administration of all the rent collection and the home ownership program.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Contribute to the development and implementation of a collection strategy.
- Create the collection plan according the collection strategy and regularly follow up to ensure the plan is respected.
- Plan, organize and collect rent from tenants and provide them with receipts and statements or monitor the payment of rents with the Finance department, as per applicable internal procedure.
- Develop and maintain updated records of all monies to be collected. Reconciliate with the information from the Finance department on a regular basis.
- Follow-up on all delinquent accounts by sending out communications (such as letters) to tenants to ensure no rent is unpaid. Report to the Director on all delinquent accounts.
- Maintain good tenant relations, attempt to resolve any prevalent issues or escalate to Director as needed.
- Communicate housing program policies, regulations and other relevant information to tenants (amendments, increases in rents, insurance, material costs, new development services, agreements, transactions, and labour costs) and contribute to ensuring their enforcement.
- Receive applications for the home ownership program and develop individual homeowner’s payment plans.
- Support the Director in the management of all home ownership issues and making recommendations on actions to take, such as repossession or eviction.
- Reporting Responsibilities
- Produce reports on rent collection, delinquent accounts and the home ownership program regularly.
- Maintain and update internal information and records in the department’s computer system.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge and skills in area(s) of responsibility and liaise with other Cree communities to get to know best practices.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Employment Requirements:
- Education and Certification
- College diploma in business administration, property or real estate management, or related area.
- At least three (3) years of relevant experience. Two (2) additional years of experience can be considered in combination with a high school diploma and professional certifications.
- Experience in managing projects and budgets.
- Spoken and written fluency in Cree and English.
- French is an asset.
Knowledge and Abilities
- Good knowledge of housing challenges for first nations communities.
- Customer-focused and service-oriented
- Proven success in maintaining strong communication.
- Proven ability to work in team as well as autonomously.
- High attention to detail and accuracy.
- Proven ability to take initiative
- Strong organizational and planning skills as well as the ability to manage multiple projects.
- Proven ability to influence decisions and find solutions to complex problems.
- Proven ability to problem-solve and to think strategically.
- Demonstrated ability to work under significant pressure and to adapt to a changing environment.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products.
- Willingness to travel occasionally.
- Willingness to work irregular hours.
- Must work according to regulatory standards.
- Must agree to undergo a background check.
Application: Must be received by: Monday, February 24, 2020
Contact: Stephanie B. Mianscum
Director of Human Resources
207 Opemiska Meskino
Tel: (418) 745-3911 ext: 276 Fax: (418) 745-3259