Newmont is the world’s leading gold company and a producer of copper, silver, zinc and lead. The Company’s world-class portfolio of assets, prospects and talent is anchored in favorable mining jurisdictions in North America, South America, Australia and Africa. Newmont is the only gold producer listed in the S&P 500 Index and is widely recognized for its principled environmental, social and governance practices. The Company is an industry leader in value creation, supported by robust safety standards, superior execution and technical proficiency. Newmont was founded in 1921 and has been publicly traded since 1925.
The Collaboration agreement implementation and liaison officer reports to the External relations Coordinator. The officer will act as a liaison between the Crees and the mine and will provide support to oversee and coordinate the proper implementation of the collaboration agreement. The position is based in the community of Wemindji, but the officer will need to be present on the mine site from time to time and be ready to travel.
Hourly rates: 28,84$ to 33,65$
Newmont offers a competitive salary, including a full range of benefits (vacation, insurance, pension plan)
Schedule: 4/3 (Monday to Thursday)
- Act as a local resource to maintain and strengthen the relationship between the Crees and the mine.
- Act as a resource person for the signatories of the Agreement, the Collaboration Committee and the sub-committees in their respective mandates.
- Act as a non-voting member on all Opinagow Agreement’s committees.
- Participate to the implementation of the decisions and/or recommendations of the Collaboration Committee and sub-committees. Coordinate the activities of the Collaboration Committee and the sub-committees, including the preparation and distribution of agendas, minutes of meetings and quarterly and annual reports to the Parties, the Collaboration Committee and sub-committees, as the case may be.
- Create and use different communication tools to inform the communities and facilitate the understanding and the application of the Collaboration Agreement.
- Implement the cultural awareness program at the mine site (activities, training for employees, etc.).
- Act as a voting member on the Newmont Éléonore Community Investment Committee (Donations and sponsorships)
- Assist Newmont Éléonore in public presentations, workshops and communication by providing guidance and Cree translation.
- Assist the coordinator in maintaining the Dialogue Mechanism.
- Respect, know and promote the organization’s rules and policies, particularly, integration and diversity, sustainable development, environment, social responsibility and health and safety.
- Otherwise carry out any other functions vested to him/her.
- Post secondary diploma in related discipline, i.e. communication, secretarial or administration or equivalent.
- Interest in community development, community relations, cultural awareness and/or corporate social responsibility.
- 3 to 5 years of experience in the above mentioned fields.
- Excellent knowledge of the most commonly used business software.
- Excellent knowledge of communication tools (social media).
- Can communicate fluently in two languages (Cree and English spoken).
- Excellent written English.
- Knowledge of the French language is an asset.
- Organizational and communication skills.
- Team work in a multicultural environment.
- Project coordination skills.
Interested qualified candidates should send their resume via the company’s Web site at www.newmont.com no later than July 12th, 2021
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, we will only contact those selected for an interview.
As an equal opportunity employer, Newmont is committed to diversity, inclusion, and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.