Job Posting Number: N-1920-0431-0432
About this job posting
Job Posting Number: N-1920-0431-0432
External Posting Number: N/A
Posting Start Date: Thursday, November 7, 2019
Posting End Date: Thursday, November 21, 2019
About this position
Work Location: Chisasibi
Status: Temporary Full Time
MSSS Job Number: 1 911
Department: Hospital -Emergency Clinic
MSSS Job Title: Clinical Nurse Emergency
Financial Sub-Service Number: 630203
Job Hours: 37.50
Hours Per Day: 7.50
Shift Type: Stable
Work Schedule: 10/14 Days
Person who provides a variety of nursing services according to the bio-psycho-social needs of the users or groups of people under her/his care. She/he evaluates the health condition of users; determines and implements treatment and nursing care plans for users with complex health problems and/or problems that involve various biological, psychological and social aspects. She/he provides nursing and medical care and treatments aimed at maintaining and restoring health, and preventing disease.
She/he conceives implements and evaluates health care programs that require advanced knowledge and that are aimed at solving complex health problems and/or problems involving various biological, psychological and social aspects. This person is involved in the development or adaptation of clinical and health care quality evaluation tools. She/he coordinates team work and; plays an advisory role towards her/his colleagues and the interdisciplinary team.
She/he identifies, for the users, the needs and interventions that require the coordination of different services within the establishment and between different establishments or related organizations. If applicable, she/he ensures the coordination of these services.
She/he is responsible for the orientation of new personnel and is involved in their training. She/he supervises teaching activities aimed at the users and their relatives, and at groups of people in specific program. She/he also collaborates in research projects.
- Member in good standing of the O.I.I.Q;
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing or an undergraduate degree consisting of three (3) admissible certificates, of which two (2) are accredited certificates in Nursing.
*The following candidates will also be considered:
- College degree in Nursing with all of the following:
- An acquired experience and successful completion of a trial/probation within the CBHSSJB in extended role, or Emergency clinic of the Chisasibi Hospital.
- Two (2) years of experience as a nurse including:
- Year (1) year of experience in acute care; or
- One (1) year of experience in extended role with a recognized training;
- Fluent in English;
- Fluency in Cree or French is an asset;
- This position includes on-call periods;
- This position includes triage functions;
- A skill-based test may be required.
BENEFITS AND REMUNERATION:
- Competitive compensation including disparity and retention premiums;
- Lodging, moving and storage at the expense of the employer;
- 4 weeks of annual vacation;
- 3 to 4 annual return trips paid by the employer to your place of residence lasting up to 4 weeks;
- Insurance plans and defined benefit pension plan.
Salary (Hourly) Minimum: $25.25
Salary (Hourly) Maximum: $45.22
The persons interested in this position are asked to forward their resume within the prescribed deadline to:
Cree Board of Health and Social Services of James Bay,
P.O. Box 250, Chisasibi, QC
Tel: 819-855-2744 Fax: 819-855-2680 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
More information about the position & job description with complete requirements may be obtained by contacting the above.
Note 1: In accordance with the organization’s Cree Employment Policy (in Progress) and various Sections of the James Bay and Northern Quebec Agreement (JBNQA), the organization has the objective of staffing all of its positions with qualified and competent beneficiaries of the JBNQA