Service Canada – Employment and Social Development Canada Various locations (in-person and/or telework jobs available)
Selection process number: 2021-CSD-EA-QC-0103249
Job Title: Citizen Services / Payment / Investigations / Passport Officers
Group and Level: PM-01
Appointment Type: Permanent and temporary positions
Status: Full-time (37.5 hours / week)
Salary Range: $54,878 and $61,379
Closing date: 16 August 2021
Who can apply: Persons whose residence or work location postal code begins with G, H or J.
- Is helping others in your DNA? Give yourself the gift of a challenging career and start the post-COVID era by joining the great team at Service Canada! From your home or ours, or in a hybrid formula, hold a stable job position that will make a difference in your life and support Canadians through life’s big moments. Our intention is to create a pool of qualified candidates to fill positions within Service Canada in the province of Quebec. We have 800 positions to fill.
- At Service Canada, diversity is our strength. We want to increase the representation of Indigenous persons in our organization and invite you to apply for this opportunity if you believe you are qualified.
- We are committed to creating an inclusive and barrier-free workplace from the selection process. If you need accommodation at any stage of the evaluation process, please send a message to the address below to request it. Information received about accommodation will be treated confidentially.
What role would you play? Act as a first point of contact or support – in person or by telephone and interact with clients to inform, review and process requests or conduct investigations. The majority of the positions to be filled are in call centers. Our programs are recognized and essential to all Canadians in life’s big moments: Employment Insurance, the Canada Pension Plan, Old Age Security, and Passport.
Looking for work-life balance? We are a stimulating organization that offers a healthy and inclusive work environment, flexible working hours and the advantage of telework for the vast majority of positions. Following the paid training that will be offered to you and the success of your probation period (including the passing of qualification exams for the majority of positions), within a few months our employees benefit from paid holidays, vacation, benefits and a pension!
- A high school diploma is required to be hired. If you do not have this diploma, you will be asked to complete a knowledge test as an alternative to a high school diploma.
- At Service Canada, each position has a language profile. The requirements are knowledge of French, English or French and English. When knowledge of both official languages is required, the position is designated “bilingual”. We offer English*, French and bilingual positions.
- *English positions are only available at Passport, in person, in Gatineau.
- Before a job offer is made, we may assess your computer skills.
If you are interested in this opportunity, here are the skills that will be evaluated:
- Analytical skills
- Client-service orientation
Conditions of employment
Please note that Service Canada will assist all qualified candidates in the security clearance process. This step is required for all those entering into the public service to ensure the security of information and personnel.
How to apply
To apply, please send an email to the address below and be sure to include: Required Information :
1. Your full name and your contact information
2. Confirm that you self-declare as Indigenous*
3. Your resume and high school diploma
4. A short essay explaining why you are the right candidate for the position (optional)
Email address :
* An Indigenous Person as defined by the Government of Canada is a North American Indian or a member of a First Nation or who is Métis, or Inuit. North American Indians or members of a First Nation include status, treaty or registered Indians, as well as non-status and non-registered Indians.
We thank in advance those who have submitted an application and will contact those selected for the next step in the process. You have questions ? We’re available !