- Period Of EmploymentContract
Chief Returning Officer to conduct the Cree School Board Regional Elections for CSB Chairperson and Local Elections for School Commissioner for the communities of Whapmagoostui, Wemindji and Waskaganish
The Cree School Board (CSB) is a non-profit organization having been established in 1978. The CSB is being governed by the Council of Commissioners consisting of the CSB Chairperson, regionally elected and representing Cree Nation Government and nine (9) other elected members; one from each community of Whapmagoostui, Chisasibi, Wemindji, Eastmain, Waskaganish, Nemaska, Ouje-Bougoumou, Waswanipi and Mistissini. The Cree Nation of Washaw Sibi and Mocreebec also has a representative on the Council of Commissioners with an “observer” status. The CSB has local elections each year for three (3) of its members to serve for a three-year term and this year it includes the regional elections for its Chairperson.
The Cree School Board will be having its regional elections for its Chairperson this summer and the Council of Commissioners had set July 28, 2021 as the regional elections day.
Furthermore, the communities of Whapmagoostui, Wemindji and Waskaganish will have its local elections for its School Commissioner this year. The Council of Commissioners had set August 18, 2021 as the local elections day.
Therefore, we are seeking proposals for Chief Returning Officer to conduct the regional elections for the CSB Chairperson including the local elections for School Commissioner for the communities of Whapmagoostui, Wemindji and Waskaganish; all in accordance to the JBNQA s.16, Cree School Board General By-law No. 1, By-Law Respecting procedures for the Elections of the Chairperson, and the Education Act C-I-14, R3 Regulations respecting the procedures for the election of commissioners to the Cree School Board.
The successful bidder will act as the Chief Returning Officer and will work directly with the Office of the Secretary General and will be responsible to:
- Conduct the regional elections of the CSB Chairperson on July 28, 2021;
- Coordinate and oversee the local elections for School Commissioner in Whapmagoostui, Wemindji, and Waskaganish on August 18, 2021;
- Ensure that the regional and local elections are carried out properly and fairly;
- Appoint Local Returning Officer, election clerk, and Polling Clerks in all the communities, as well as, appoint election clerks for designated locations out-of-territory;
- Ensure the elections are advertised in print form (ex.: posters/The Nation) and media using local radio announcements well in advance;
- Report from each community for the regional election for the Chairperson may be broadcasted through James Bay Cree Communications society.
Proposals must include the following:
- A detailed professional fees for the duration of the service contract (3 months);
- Work plan and time-line with target dates leading up to the election days;
- Use of personal telephone expense per month;
- Telephone number and E-mail
Proposals should NOT include the following:
- Travel expenses;
- Service contracts and expenses for local Returning Officers, Local election clerks and polling clerks;
- Expenses of third party service providers such as graphic designers, illustrators, photographers, printers
- Advertisement expenses
- Rental of venues for polling stations
Duration of Service
Service Contract to start on June 7, 2021 to August 27, 2021
Tenders who wish to undertake this invitation should submit a proposal by email to the person listed below:
Doreen Blackned, Secretary-General email@example.com
The deadline for submission of proposals is Monday, May 31, 2021 by 12:00 noon
The Cree School Board is not obliged to accept the lowest bidder of any of the bids received.
The selected proposal will be confirmed from the Secretary General via email.