- Period Of EmploymentFull Time
- Job Location Regional
- Education Level Graduate Degree (M.A.)
Posting #: P-2021-0956
Position #: 1801
CHIEF PHARMACIST I (1321)
|DEPARTMENT:||Chisasibi Pharmacy (680103)|
|SALARY:||Min. (1) $46.29 – Max. (9) $58.45|
SUMMARY OF THE POSITION
Under the responsibility of the director of professional services, the incumbent acts as manager of the pharmaceutical practice for region 18, the Cree territory of James Bay communities.
He/she administers and oversees the operation of the pharmacy department and manages activities relating to drug procurement, preparation, distribution, information and quality control for the organization.
He/she assumes management of the human, material, financial and informational resources under his/her responsibility.
- Staff management: Take part in the hiring, orientation, training, evaluation and supervision of all the professionals, administrative and support staff. Make the workforce planning and determine staff needs for the three pharmacies located in Waskaganish, Mistissini and Chisasibi and for the other communities;
- Equipment management: See to the proper functioning and periodic inspection of the equipment and materials under his/her responsibility and ensure preventive maintenance programs are implemented (computers, refrigerators, compounding equipment, premises, locals, storage spaces and books);
- Determine, with the collaboration of ours partners, the main directions for the pharmacy department and the specific pharmaceutical services offered in the nine Cree communities;
- Ensure the quality of professional acts and foster the growth and stature of the pharmacy department;
- Participate as an active member of the following committees: CMDP, pharmacology committee and its subcommittee on collective prescriptions, risk management committee and any other committee requiring his/her presence;
- On a rotating basis, also be responsible for assuming clinical tasks of the three head pharmacy assistants and clinical pharmacists, including the associated on-call/call-back assignments according to a schedule established with the three head pharmacy assistants and the clinical pharmacists and/or the needs of the community;
- Supervise and organize the tasks of the pharmacy technicians and provide assistance in special situations, such as drug shortages;
- Approve call-backs, overtime and training units for the three head pharmacy assistants and clinical pharmacists that qualify them for paid continuing education days;
- When necessary, assist in drawing up the regular schedules for the three head pharmacy assistants, clinical pharmacists and pharmacy technicians and allocating on-call hours.
- Master’s degree or diploma in hospital pharmacy, or equivalent training or experience;
- Registered pharmacist with the Ordre des pharmaciens du Québec.
- Experience in the health and social services network is an asset.
Knowledge and abilities
- Ability to work and adapt in a multidisciplinary team;
- Ability to meet set deadlines.
- Fluent in English and French;
- Fluency in Cree is an asset.
- Willing to be on call;
- 25% of the position is dedicated to travelling in the three main poles of the territory.
CONDITIONS AND ADVANTAGES ACCORDING TO THE COLLECTIVE AGREEMENT 2015-2021 NEGOTIATED BY APES
- Remoteness premium: $151.86/week without dependants or $242.94/week with dependants;
- Recruitment bonus of 30% mark up on the hourly rate (under review);
- Attraction bonus of 4% mark up on the hourly rate;
- Installation package of $ 25,000 during a 2-year full-time engagement (under review);
- Day shift, 36.25-hour week that can be increased to 40 hours with an incentive bonus of 6% of hourly wage;
- Furnished accommodation;
- Moving and storage of furniture at the employer’s expense;
- 4 weeks vacation, 13 statutory holidays, 9.6 sick days;
- Defined benefit insurance and pension plan;
- Three (3) to four (4) annual sorties depending on family status.
|POSTING START/END DATE:||2021-03-11/2021-03-25|
|HOURS PER DAY/WEEK:||8/40|
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please forward your resume to:
Cree Board of Health & Social Services of James Bay
Tel 514-861-5955 Fax 514-989-7495
With your application, please make sure to specify the Posting # and the Job title on which you wish to apply.
|WE THANK ALL CANDIDATES WHO APPLY, HOWEVER ONLY THOSE SELECTED
FOR AN INTERVIEW WILL BE CONTACTED.
In accordance with various Sections of the James Bay and Northern Quebec Agreement (JBNQA), the organization has the objective of staffing all of its positions with qualified and competent beneficiaries of the JBNQA.