TITLE: CHIEF OPERATIONS OFFICER
STATUS: FULL-TIME PERMANENT POSITION IN MISTISSINI
The Chief Operations Officer will work under the direction of the President/CEO of Eskan Company. He/she is responsible for contract negotiation, overview of operations, management of material and personnel resources of the Company, and the purchase of goods and services. He/she is responsible to carry out and ensure the coordination and direction of the general administration and management of Eskan Company and its subsidiaries. The COO provides direct administrative and analytical support to the Board of Directors and provides functional supervision and support to the staff and its subsidiaries. He/she coordinates meetings and activities with other staff, subsidiaries and other agencies. He/she supervises, develops and evaluates clerical staff and the overall office procedures of the Eskan Company and its subsidiaries.
- The COO will ensure, in all aspects, the efficient functioning and effective management of the day to day operations of the Eskan Company and its subsidiaries in all aspects of the business. This will involve setting standards for each part of the operation and ensuring that these standards are maintained in all aspects which include the recruitment, retention of staff to meet established levels of quality workmanship and professionalism, and to ensure that all operating policies are carried out in accordance to company policies.
- Responsible for the development of programs, policies, and plans related to all operational facets of Eskan Company and its subsidiaries.
- Conducts administrative and special studies to resolve operational problems.
- Oversees budget allocations and manages costs related to the company and its subsidiaries.
- Budget preparation and administration.
- Preparation and implementation of ongoing training for staff and development of company-wide policy formation and interpretation.
- Preparation of analysis and recommendations with respect to contracts, partnership, and possible joint venture agreements.
- Responsible for data upkeep within the areas of historical costs, labour force analysis, expenditure reports and other relevant financial analysis.
- Direct the negotiations of contracts. Responsible for the preparation of all relevant documentation prior to meetings.
- Ensure the identification, development of and the implementation of training programs to upgrade the skills and knowledge of the staff and its subsidiaries.
- Masters/degree in Business or Administration or Business Management;
- Five (5) years of experience in a senior-level administration or management position;
- Knowledge of the company, its structure & its inter-relations with the CCNM;
- Coordinate information, arrangements & correspondence with minimum supervision;
- Establish & maintain good working relationships within the organization & public;
- Exercise independent judgement, analyze problems & recommend solutions;
- Analyze data & prepare clear & accurate presentations, reports & material;
- Make effective oral presentations & clear written information;
- Ability to learn & retain technical & complex info, terminology, policies, procedures;
- Work effectively with a wide variety of people;
- Maintain composure under difficult circumstances;
- Provide support & leadership to staff and its subsidiaries;
- Communicate views & concerns of organizational objectives.
- Experience in strategic planning and execution.
- Knowledge of contracting, negotiating & change management.
- Knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting & cost control principles.
- Familiar with automated financial, human resource & accounting reporting systems.
- Knowledge of federal & provincial regulations/laws of a financial & HR nature.
- Ability to analyze financial data & prepare financial reports, budgets & projections.
- Ability to motivate teams to produce quality materials within deadlines & simultaneously manage several projects.
- Work requires willingness to work a flexible schedule.
- High level of integrity & accountability.
- Strong work ethic and positive team attitude.
- Sound analytical thinking, planning, prioritization, and execution skills.
- A well-defined sense of diplomacy, including solid negotiation, conflict resolution, and people management skills.
- Able to build and maintain lasting relationships with other departments, key business partners, and government agencies.
- Experience creating and managing budgets for a large, distributed organization.
- Strong problem identification and problem resolution skills.
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office productivity suite.
- Knowledge of best practices in internal controls.
- Must be willing to travel frequently.
- Working language is English; however knowledge of French and Cree are strongly recommended.
SALARY RANGE: $78,000 – $114,400 annually
DATE OF POSTING: June 1, 2020
END OF POSTING: June 26, 2020
PLEASE SEND RESUMES TO THE ATTENTION OF:
Matthew Wapachee, President
187 Main Street
Mistissini, Qc G0W 1C0