Career Opportunity: Chief Financial Officer (CFO)
Organization: Cree Development Corporation/James Bay Native Development Corporation (CDC/SODAB)
Salary Grade: Executive Salary Scale
Application: Send to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Under the direction of the Chief Executive Officer (CEO), the Chief Financial Officer (CFO) is responsible for providing strategic management of accounting and finance functions, for directing accounting policies, procedures and internal controls, and overseeing the overall financial viability of the CDC/SODAB. As the leader of the Finance department, the CFO will oversee the future growth of the department, and eventually supervise a larger team. The incumbent will also oversee functions related to Human Resources, Payroll, and Information Technology.
Strategic and Planning Responsibilities:
- In collaboration with the CEO, develop an operating plan for the CDC/SODAB.
- Provide executive leadership in the continuous evaluation of short and long-term strategic financial objectives, and offer recommendations for business improvements and opportunities.
- Develop a financial strategy geared towards the profitable growth of the CDC/SODAB and in line with the orientations prescribed by the Board of Directors.
- Provide financial expertise and advice on a range of initiatives to the CEO and the Board of Directors as required.
- Oversee the development and successful implementation of Company policies.
- Oversee and ensure the proper functioning of activities related to Human Resources, Payroll and Information Technology.
- Scan the environment and identify opportunities for strategic growth and investment.
- In collaboration with the CEO, oversee future planning for operations.
- Provide regular and ad hoc reports to the CEO regarding the status of activities, and debrief with the Board of Directors when needed.
- Direct internal controls and procedures, and proactively control costs and working capital while safeguarding the assets of the company.
- Make recommendations for improvement to ensure the integrity and efficiency of processes, policies and systems throughout the organization.
- Responsible and accountable for all accounting and financial reporting.
- Ensure an exceptional level of timeliness, accuracy, reliability and efficiency in accounting, tax, planning and financial reporting.
- Monitor closely current and forecasted cash flows to ensure sufficient liquidity of the CDC/SODAB.
- Drive financial planning and analysis throughout the organization.
- Consolidate financial statements, systems and processes across the organization.
- Manage and oversee the relationship with independent auditors.
- Represent the CDC/SODAB in working relationship with financial institutions.
- Develop and propose annual budgets based forecasted costs of all initiatives and activities.
- Monitor and control costs for the CDC/SODAB, and ensure the objectives set in the annual budget are achieved.
- In collaboration with the CEO, manage the organization’s budget and authorize spending within financial limits.
- Accountable for planning and budgeting.
- Provide quarterly and monthly financial reports to the CEO.
- Ensure accuracy, integrity, and timeliness of all financial reports.
- Oversee the maintenance of financial, accounting, and statistical records.
Education and Certification
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, business administration, or related field.
- Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) or Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) designation.
- Master’s degree or MBA an asset.
Experience & Skills
- Ten to fifteen years of relevant experience in a senior management position.
- Strong financial and accounting background, including P&L, balance sheet/cash flow management, and general finance and budgeting.
- Demonstrated experience in overseeing office administration.
- Demonstrated experience with corporate governance.
- Understanding of the economic development opportunities within Eeyou Istchee is considered an asset.
- Strong leadership and management skills, with the ability to lead and motivate teams
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to make effective decisions in a dynamic environment, plan workload effectively and delegate.
- Ability to build consensus and relationships among internal and external stakeholders.
- Experience with corporate governance.
- Proven negotiation skills.
- Fluency in French and English.
- Fluency in Cree is an asset.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products.
The Cree Nation Government may, at its discretion, waive any or all of the aforementioned requirements if a suitable candidate who is a JBNQA beneficiary accepts to follow a training plan determined by the Cree Nation Government as a condition of employment.
From March 01, 2023 to March 14, 2023
Your application must be sent by email to email@example.com.
Cree Development Corporation (CDC)
The Mission of the Cree Development Corporation/James Bay Native Development Corporation (CDC/SODAB) is to drive Cree economic development via investment, both within and outside Eeyou Istchee, for the benefit of all Crees. The CDC/SODAB acts as investment and holding company, not as an operational company and invests in several sectors, such as mining, forestry, renewable energy, and infrastructure.
More specifically, the CDC/SODAB:
- Invests in any undertakings in order to create, maintain or protect jobs for the Crees.
- Promotes the training of Crees in economic matters and enables them to increase their influence in the economic development of their Territory and of Québec.
- Stimulates the economy of the Crees by making strategic investments for the benefit of Cree enterprises and Cree workers.
- Promotes the development of Cree enterprises by inviting local governments, communities, associations, and partnerships to co-invest in funds that the CDC/SODAB may create for specific or general purposes.
- Offers financial products (e.g. loans, bonds, securities, grants, loan guarantees).
- Makes loans or grants for the carrying out of social or community development projects.
- Manages funds, assets, programs or activities at the request of the Cree Nation Government, or the provincial or federal governments.