- Period Of EmploymentFull Time
- Job Location Oujebougoumou
- Education Level Undergraduate Degree (B.A.)
Company: Ouje-Bougoumou Enterprises Inc.
Class: Upper Management
Status: Full-time (Appointed)
Salary: To be discussed based on education & experience
Report to: Board of Directors – OBE
Subordinates: Subsidiary Managers & Administration
Effective date: Immediately
Ouje-Bougoumou Enterprises Inc. is looking for an experienced Chief Executive Officer to join
our team. As the CEO, you will be responsible for the supervision of the overall business strategy
and success of the Enterprises & its subsidiaries.
The role will be crucial to the success of the OBE, as you will be giving all strategic directions to
the team across the whole company. The CEO will drive the company to be a profitable
development corporation to generate steady and long-term commercial revenues as well as
employment for the Ouje-Bougoumou Cree Nation through opportunities in the construction,
forestry, mining and other commercial areas.
We want our CEO to create an environment and culture that focuses on fulfilling the company’s
mission, vision and values.
About the Company
Ouje-Bougoumou Enterprises Inc. acts as the development corporation of the Ouje-Bougoumou
Cree Nation. As it carries a diversified portfolio of businesses at the local level, great opportunities
exist to further develop its resource businesses and commercial ventures to contribute to local
business and economic development.
Reporting to the Board of Directors, the Chief Executive Officer is responsible for the success of Enterprise and its subsidiaries through the implementation of sound business strategies and the effective management of available resources (employees, finances, etc.) and projects. Proactive and geared towards business, the incumbent makes sure Enterprise and its subsidiaries function to the maximum of their capacity, generating revenues and jobs for the Community. The incumbent is also responsible for the establishment and development of new business opportunities.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee business operations to ensure efficient operations, quality products, worthy customer-service, appropriate allocation of resources and sound expense management.
- Contribute to the development of the Strategic Plan to promote sustainable revenue, profitability, growth and ensure its implementation.
- Create an environment and culture that focuses on fulfilling the company’s mission, vision, and values.
- Work with business managers to review individual business plans for upcoming period, including sales or productivity goals, budgets, staffing and operational performances of the business.
- Directly responsible for the overall financial and operational performance of the business.
- Provide monthly reports to the Board of Directors on the achievements of the business, milestones, updates on the strategic plan, as well as notice of emerging issues.
- Upon BOD’s requests, carry out other duties related to the job:
- Strategic planning and vision
- Corporate management
- Financial Planning and strategy
- Promotion of process improvement
- Communication Responsibilities
- Marketing and business development
- Budget development
- Administrative and Reporting Responsibilities
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge and skills in area(s)of responsibility
Education and Certification
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in business, finance, management or a related field
- 8 to 12 years of relevant work experience
- Fluency in Cree and English
- Fluency in French an asset
Knowledge and Abilities
- Strong leadership, management, supervisory and coaching skills
- Strong judgment and problem solving skills
- Sound work ethics
- Customer focused and service oriented
- Strong ability to communicate effectively
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work under pressure and to adapt to a changing environment
- Working knowledge of computers and Microsoft Office products
Lance Cooper, President
Ouje-Bougoumou Enterprises Inc.
203, Opemiska Meskino
Ouje-Bougoumou, QC G0W 3C0
Office: (418) 745-2519
Fax: (418) 745-3544
Cell: (418) 770-1439
Application: Must be received by Monday, March 29, 2021 at 16:30.
Only the applications from the candidates considered for the interview will be contacted