LOCATION OF WORK
Office of the Director General
NATURE OF WORK
- The Change Management Specialist develops and leads the overall change agenda of the Cree School Board, focusing on the people side of change, in support of the achievement of the Strategic Action Plan (SAP). The primary job of the Change Management Specialist is to ensure that change initiatives introduced into the CSB help to further its objectives and are aligned with the organization’s mission, vision, values and Cree culture.
- Reporting to the Director General, the Change Management Specialist sits on the Project Management Office team and works closely with the Coordinator of Strategic Planning & Projects.
- The Change Management Specialist leads by example, fosters a spirit of teamwork, engages employees and facilitates a workplace culture in keeping with the CSB organizational values.
- Collaborate with the Director General in the development and execution of the departmental strategic initiatives and annual action plan for the Office of the Director General.
- Contribute to the preparation of the departmental budget and monitor budget of select operations / projects.
- Participate in the development and implementation of departmental initiatives, processes, internal procedures and policies, and ensure monitoring, as well as compliance in line with key performance measures.
- Implement and maintain up-to-date efficient and effective systems, databases/ files and administrative standards that respond to the needs of the department while supporting the overall organization and ensuring alignment with legal and governance requirements.
- Coordinate and/or prepare and analyze select reports and circulate, as appropriate.
- Establish and maintain effective communications and relations within his/her sector, across the CSB and with external stakeholders.
- Provide pertinent information to and respond to queries from internal and external stakeholders, as required.
The Change Management Specialist has two main roles: Change Management Leadership and Coaching to Implement Change.
Change Management Leadership
- Build culturally-relevant Change Management methodology, framework, and tools for use across the CSB.
- Build and lead the implementation of a structured, overall change strategy for the CSB that will result in effective and sustained behaviour change.
- Conducts impact and risk analyses, assess change readiness of end users, and key stakeholder analysis and management.
- Provide oversight and management of the activities and staff of the Project Management Office / Change Support Office.
Coaching to Implement Change
- Provide expertise and support to project leaders in the creation and implementation of change management activities within their initiatives.
- Collaborate closely Human Resources and Communications and Community Relations departments to ensure a smooth transition to change and organization-wide successful implementation of change initiatives
- Act as coach or mentor for managers to assist them in fulfilling their role as change sponsors for their respective departments and teams.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS
- A Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline. May substitute equivalent experience in lieu of education.
- 5 or more years of progressively complex experience in the project administration/change management fields.
- Spoken Cree and highly proficient oral and written English is a requirement.
- Spoken French is a definite asset.
KEY COMPETENCIES (SKILLS AND ABILITIES)
- Exceptional knowledge of the CSB organization, external Cree environment, stakeholders, and processes;
- Exceptional understanding of and ability to represent the Cree culture, traditions, and language and ensure change initiatives support and are reinforced in change initiatives;
- Practical knowledge of change management principles and approaches;
- Experience in major, organization-wide initiatives required;
- Must possess the ability to initiate, plan and manage projects;
- Able to manage complex reporting relationships;
- Excellent leadership, interpersonal, collaboration and negotiation skills;
- Ability to identify problems at an early stage and solve them effectively;
- Well-developed listening, communication and decision-making skills;
- Demonstrated judgment and analytical skills;
- Highly independent, self-sufficient, flexible, and high energy. Other/ working conditions
- Travel required
- * Regular Full-time position.
- Salary: 84,166.00 – 112,219.00$
- Northern Allowance: $8,484 to $13,573
- *Benefits and working conditions according to the By-Law regarding the Conditions of Employment of Management and according internal procedures.
BEGINNING OF EMPLOYMENT
To be determined
Please complete the Application Form found HERE and forward it with your CV to:
CREE SCHOOL BOARD ADMINISTRATIVE CENTER
203 Main Street
MISTISSINI, QC G0W 1C0
Fax: (418) 923-2073
Please indicate the competition #: MIS-3585
Note that all documents submitted must be in PDF format.
DATE OF POSTING February 26, 2020
END OF POSTING March 11, 2020 5:00 PM