OPEN POSITION: CERTIFIED MAINTENANCE WORKMAN
LOCATION OF WORK: WEMINDJI – ADULT LEARNING CENTRE
COMPETITION NUMBER: WEM-3748
NATURE OF WORK
The principal and customary work of an employee in this class of employment consists in performing maintenance, repair and renovation work falling under several building trades.
- The employee in this class of employment ordinarily carries out his or her activities in places where it would be neither practical nor necessary to continuously call upon qualified workmen.
- Performs general maintenance work, such as repairing or renovating buildings, sanitary installations and simple mechanical installations. May also carry out the preventive maintenance of equipment.
- If need be, performs any other related duty
- For electrical and plumbing work: have the pertinent
legal qualifications for the class of employment and
have four (4) years of pertinent experience. Or
- Hold a Diploma of Vocational Studies in a pertinent
building specialty for the class of employment or a
diploma or an attestation of studies recognized as
equivalent by the competent authority and have eight
(8) years of pertinent experience. Or
- Hold an equivalent valid qualification certificate for
the class of employment issued by a recognized body
and have four (4) years of pertinent experience. In the
case where the qualification certificate requires less
than four (4) apprenticeship periods, he or she must
also have one (1) year of pertinent experience to
compensate for each missing period.
- Fluency in English is required;
- Ability to speak Cree is required;
- Ability to speak French is an asset.
SALARY AND WORKING CONDITIONS
- Regular full-time position.
- Salary: $23.87 /hr
- Northern Allowance: $10,015 to $17,652.00
BEGINNING OF EMPLOYMENT
- To be determined.
Please send your CV and complete the Application Form found HERE.
Please indicate competition #: WEM-3748
Note that all documents submitted must be in PDF format.
DATE OF POSTING
November 17, 2020
END OF POSTING
November 30, 2020 5:00 PM