- Period Of EmploymentFull Time
- Job Location Outside Communities
- Education Level Undergraduate Degree (B.A.)
Position: CEP – GROUND CONTROL
Sub-department: Technical Services
Schedule: 14 working days followed by 14 days off
Location: Renard Mine
Home Ports: Québec, Chibougamau-Chapais, St-Hubert and Val d’Or Airports
Posting date: March 3, 2021
Deadline for application: March 24, 2021
Stornoway is looking for a CEP- Ground Control to join its engineering team. Based at the Renard mine and reporting the the Senior Ground Control Engineer, the incubent is responsible for the following activities:
- Regular inspections of field conditions at workplaces;
- Quality control of mining support (shear tests, task observations, etc.);
- Monitoring of infrastructure construction;
- Structural and geomechanical mapping of mining galleries;
- Updating and analysis of data from geomechanical monitoring instruments;
- Creation, monitoring and updating of ground control plans (cabling, shotcrete, rehabilitation, etc.);
- Participate in the elaboration of the ground control budget;
- Monitoring of the cementation work on the bedrock;
- Occasional geomechanical description of drill cores;
- In conjunction with the geology team, ensure that the database of diamond drill holes is updated;
- Properly complete daily and other reports.
- Bachelor’s degree in mining engineering, geological engineering or other relevant experience;
- Minimum of three years of experience in an underground mine. Experience in an open pit is an asset;
- Experience in ground control;
- Experience and knowledge of structural geology is an asset;
- Knowledge of Autocad, Promine, GemCom and Deswick software is an asset;
- Autonomy, resourcefulness and ability to make decisions under pressure;
- Excellent skills in the Microsoft Office suite. Knowledge of Microsoft Access is an asset;
- Versatility and flexibility in terms of tasks;
- Ability to work in a team and in a multicultural environment;
- Valid driver’s license;
- Valid explosives permit;
- Modular training of the mining worker;
- Excellent written and oral expression in both English and French.
The use of the masculine gender is intended solely to lighten the text and refers to both women and men.
Stornoway Diamonds is committed to the principle of employment equity. Our people are our most valuable asset and our goal is to create an inclusive and equitable environment where everyone can reach their true potential.
Stornoway Diamonds does not tolerate any form of discrimination or harassment. All personnel decisions, including hiring decisions, will be based on the company’s skills and needs. We welcome applications from qualified individuals from a variety of backgrounds.
Thank you for your interest in Stornoway Diamonds, please note that only online applications will be considered.
Please ensure that your profile is complete and up-to-date.
We will only contact you if your application is selected for an interview