OPEN POSITION: CENTRE DIRECTOR Adult Learning Centre
COMPETITION NUMBER: CHI-3931
LOCATION OF WORK: CHISASIBI – ADULT LEARNING CENTRE
NATURE OF WORK
Are you a creative, engaged, and experienced educational leader? Are you passionate about building capacity in indigenous communities? The Cree School Board is seeking a Director to lead our new Adult Learning Centre in the Cree Nation of Chisasibi.
The Centre Director will build systems, coordinate resources, and oversee programs that help Cree adults reach their goals, prepare for their future careers, and support their communities. The ideal candidate is a creative and energetic self-starter who embraces challenges and cares about indigenous students, communities, and education.
- Manage the launch and opening of the new Centre;
- Evaluate the overall needs of the Centre and define the specific strategic objectives in alignment with the Cree School Board’s Strategic Action Plan;
- Support the SAES Director in the development and monitoring of SAES strategies, objectives, policies and programs and identify opportunities for continuous improvements;
- Evaluate and identify programming opportunities;
- Develop and implement programs and activities, related to student success, integration into the workforce, and the promotion of non-traditional occupations among women;
- Evaluate the general education and vocational training programs of the Centre to ensure that the requirements and programming needs are met;
- Build effective communications across the CSB and with external stakeholders;
- Prepare and manage the Centre’s budget for course development, implementation and facility
- Ensure up to date systems and databases/ files that meet the needs of the department and
- Manage, supervise and evaluate Centre’s staff, outline their duties and responsibilities in accordance with the provisions of the applicable collective agreements or regulations;
- Oversee and monitor the administration of the Centre and provide reports and updates to the
- Manage the material resources of the Centre and oversee the inventory management of furniture, equipment, tools, etc. and complete purchase orders as needed; and,
- Promote health and safety standards.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in an appropriate specialty, notably education.
- M.Ed. or M.A in a field of Education or Adult Education is an asset.
- At least 8 years of relevant experience is required.
- Brevet issued by the Ministry of Education of Quebec or from another Province is a definite asset.
- Information technology and common software user.
- Fluency in English is required.
- French and Cree are assets.
- Knowledge of Cree Culture and Indigenous contexts.
- High level of autonomy, flexibility and strong communication and inter-cultural skills.
- Available to travel
position 35 hrs/week
Salary: $94,183.00 – $125,574.00
Northern Allowance: $ 8,484.00- $ 13,573.00
*Given the current salary regulations and guidelines at the Cree School Board, candidates from another Quebec School Board will be able to obtain a salary as per the scale above mentioned. However, candidates that are not from the education sector are not eligible to a salary above the midpoint of the position’s salary scale.
BEGINNING OF EMPLOYMENT
To be determined
Please send your CV by completing the Application Form found HERE
Please indicate the competition #: CHI-3931
Note that all documents submitted must be in PDF format.
In you have any questions, contact
DATE OF POSTING
July 8, 2021
END OF POSTING
July 26, 2021 4:30 PM
In the above text, the masculine form also includes the feminine form.