- Period Of EmploymentFull Time
- Job Location Waskaganish
- Education Level Undergraduate Degree (B.A.)
NATURE OF WORK
Are you a creative, engaged, and experienced educational leader? Are you passionate about building capacity in indigenous communities? The Cree School Board is seeking a Director to lead our new Adult Learning Centre in the Cree Nation of Mistissini. The Centre Director will build systems, coordinate resources, and oversee programs that help Cree adults reach their goals, prepare for their future careers, and support their communities. The ideal candidate is a creative and energetic self-starter who embraces challenges and cares about indigenous students, communities, and education.
- Manage the launch and opening of the new Centre;
- Evaluate the overall needs of the Centre and define the specific strategic objectives in alignment with the Cree School Board’s Strategic Action Plan;
- Support the SAES Director in the development and monitoring of SAES strategies, objectives, policies and programs and identify opportunities for continuous improvements;
- Evaluate and identify programming opportunities;
- Develop and implement programs and activities, related to student success, integration into the workforce, and the promotion of non-traditional occupations among women;
- Evaluate the general education and vocational training programs of the Centre to ensure that the requirements and programming needs are met;
- Build effective communications across the CSB and with external stakeholders;
- Prepare and manage the Centre’s budget for course development, implementation and facility maintenance;
- Ensure up to date systems and databases/ files that meet the needs of the department and organization;
- Manage, supervise and evaluate Centre’s staff, outline their duties and responsibilities in accordance with the provisions of the applicable collective agreements or regulations;
- Oversee and monitor the administration of the Centre and provide reports and updates to the SAES Director;
- Manage the material resources of the Centre and oversee the inventory management of furniture, equipment, tools, etc. and complete purchase orders as needed; and,
- Promote health and safety standards
- A bachelor’s degree in an appropriate specialty, notably education.
- M.Ed. or M.A in a field of Education or Adult Education is an asset.
- At least 8 years of relevant experience is required.
- Brevet issued by the Ministry of Education of Quebec or from another Province is a definite asset.
- Information technology and common software user.
- Fluency in English is required.
- French and Cree are assets.
- Knowledge of Cree Culture and Indigenous contexts.
- High level of autonomy, flexibility and strong communication and inter-cultural skills.
- Available to travel.
- Full-time regular position 35 hrs/week
- Salary: $94,183.00 – $125,574.00
- Northern Allowance: $ 8,484.00- $ 13,573.00
- *Benefits and working conditions according to the By-Law regarding the Conditions of Employment of Management and according to internal procedures.
BEGINNING OF EMPLOYMENT
To be determined Please complete the Application Form found HERE and forward it with your CV to:
Human Resources Services
Cree School Board
203 Main Street
G0W 1C0 fax: 418-923-2073
Please indicate posting #: MIS-3615
Note that all documents submitted must be in PDF format.
May 1st, 2020
END OF POSTING
May 28, 2020 4:30 PM
Notice: Adult Education encompasses General Education, Vocational Training and Community Training