LOCATION OF WORK
MISTISSINI – ADULT LEARNING CENTRE
NATURE OF WORK
The Centre Secretary assists one or more persons in carrying out secretarial for the SAES department, in alignment with the Cree School Board’s (CSB) mission, vision and goals. The Centre Secretary is also responsible for ensuring, as instructed or in conjunction with others, the smooth operation of the school or centre by assuming the responsibility and coordination of the administrative tasks of adult education or vocational training centre secretaries.
- The employee in this class of employment enters texts and various data into a computer from manuscripts or various sources and produces letters, tables, reports and other documents; verifies the spelling and grammar rules in the texts entered and identifies the corrections to be made; receives and transfers telephone calls and provides general information; updates records and registers and files records and documents; opens and distributes the mail; drafts acknowledgements of receipt, simple letters or notes; finds and collects information to be included on forms that he or she fills out or in reports and correspondence.
- As instructed and within the limits of his or her function, the employee relays telephone messages and information of a general nature concerning supply teachers or, more specifically, to parents, concerning school attendance; takes part in bulk purchases of school supplies and articles by carrying out transcription and verification duties; loans and retrieves books; carries out dutiesrelated to the sale of school supplies. He or she may be required to compile, verify and enter data.
- He or she uses a computer and the necessary software to perform his or her duties related to word processing, database entry, spreadsheets and in-house programs; uses electronic mail and, if necessary, carries out research on the Internet. He or she may be required to help, on occasion, colleagues with the common software and programs used.
- The employee may be required to train new secretaries.
- If need be, he or she performs any other related duty.
- Hold a diploma of Vocational Studies in Secretarial Studies, a Secondary School Diploma or a diploma or an attestation of studies recognized as equivalent by the competent authority;
- Knowledge of office automation;
- Fluency in English is required;
- Fluency in Cree and/or French is an asset;
SALARY AND WORKING CONDITIONS
- Regular full-time position.
- 35 hours/week;
- Salary: $20.55 to $22.35 /hr
- Northern Allowance: $8,484.00 to $13,573.00
BEGINNING OF EMPLOYMENT
As soon as possible
Please complete the Application Form found HERE or forward your CV to:
Human Resources Services
Cree School Board
203 Main Street
Mistissini, QC G0W 1C0
Please indicate posting #: MIS-3592
Note that all documents submitted must be in PDF format.