Posting # M-2223-0058A
Position # 0176
ASSISTANT DIRECTOR – DATA SERVICES AND ANALYTICS (0122)
|DEPARTMENT:||Strategic and Organizational Development (500350)|
|MANAGEMENT LEVEL:||Senior Manager|
|STATUS:||1 Permanent Full Time|
|SALARY:||Class 39: Min. 87,137$ – Max. 113,278$|
SUMMARY OF THE POSITION
As part of the Cree Board of Health and Socials Services of James Bay (CBHSSJB) further development of quality, evaluation, performance and ethics capacity, the Assistant Director is responsible for developing and managing the organizations data services and analytics strategy and activities in a rapidly evolving and expanding context.
Reporting to the Director of Strategy and Organizational Development, the incumbent supports the Director in his/her regional functions and line management for regional data services and analytics, including the planning, organizing, coordinating, implementing, controlling, supervising, on-going evaluation and production of reports on all activities, and their human, financial, material and information resources management.
- Leads the development of the organization’s data services and analytics strategy through a collaborative approach with clinical and administrative leadership.
- Acts as an internal subject matter expert in the areas of data environments and supporting systems, data management, extraction and analysis leading practices.
- Promotes a culture of valuing data to inform decision making, rigorous and integrated management of information quality, and supports the development and realization of an integrated performance management
- Coordinates data analysis and processing projects, the development, production and dissemination of information products, information integration and ongoing data quality management for the CBHSSJB, in accordance with laws and regulations current accreditation standards and evidence-based practices.
- Responsible for the oversight, management and daily use of information systems and technologies required to support operational responsibilities, in collaboration with corporate Information Services department.
- Supports strategic and operational decision making via data analysis and exploitation models aligned with information governance principle, and is responsible for the production of accountability reports for the Ministry of Health and Social Services as well as those required by other organizations (ex: Federal agencies, professional colleges, network partners and accreditation bodies).
- Facilitates the efficient people management of the Direction.
- Ensures the financial management of the Unit.
- Oversees compliance and respect of the laws, regulations, ethics, norms policies and procedures for the Direction.
- Ensures that the best practices related to program and staff supervision, standards of quality, standards of practice and Quality Assurance Program are implemented within the Direction.
Education and Experience
- Master’s degree in administration or science or with a health or social related specialization and three (3) years experience in management in a health or social services setting or public
organization. A bachelor degree in administration is an asset.
- Bachelor degree in administration or science or with a health or social related specialization and five (5) years experience in management in a health or social services setting or public organization. A certificate in administration is an asset.
- HL7 Certification or relevant experience with HL7 and interfaces, an asset.
- Data Analytics, Data Governance and/or Business Intelligence certification or relevant experience an asset.
Knowledge and abilities:
- Strong knowledge of data management and analytics leading practices and innovations in Quebec, Canada and internationally;
- Strong knowledge of clinical and administrative information technologies and systems (IT/IS) leading practices and innovations in Quebec, Canada and internationally;
- Strong knowledge of and experience managing information systems and data bases;
- Strong knowledge of data-warehouse concepts, business intelligence (BI) and data management tools (ETL);
- Strong knowledge of data governance concepts, including data ownership and stewardship;
- Strong record in a senior level of administration;
- Strong analytical, critical thinking, decision-making, planning and organizational skills;
- Strong abilities in performance management, project management and continuous improvement;
- Strong abilities in the management, exploitation or analysis, summarization and presentation of information;
- Good knowledge of the MSSS laws, regulations, Network, orientations and programs for the management of Establishments in the MSSS health and social services environment;
- Good knowledge of current issues and trends in the MSSS environment, specifically as they relate to mandates, activities and challenges related to quality, performance, evaluation and
- Good knowledge of current Quebec Ministry of Health and Social Services (MSSS) IT/IS, requirements, strategy and future plans;
- Strong communication, facilitation and change management skills, with demonstrated ability to develop and maintain strong partnerships and effectively collaborate with clinical and administrative colleagues;
- Experience in the development of policies and procedures, specifically related to data management;
- Results-oriented, autonomous, flexible, and ability to multi-task;
- Able to work in a multidisciplinary environment and demonstrating a strategic vision, rigor and a great sense of ethics;
- Knowledge of indigenous peoples, history, traditions and context, especially Cree of Northern Quebec, an asset;
- Knowledge of Regional Board strategic planning, organization, coordination, budget planning and evaluation, and; operational delivery planning, organization, coordination and quality assurance systems, an asset; and,
- Knowledge of the James Bay and Northern Quebec Agreement (JBNQA), Section 14 and the Act respecting Health services and social services for Cree Native persons (Chapter S-5), is an
- Fluent in English and French;
- Fluency in Cree is an asset.
- Willing to travel to all 9 communities.
|POSTING START/END DATE:||2023-03-22/ 2023-04-05|
|HOUSING PROVIDED:||Yes, if hired more than 50 kilometres from the Eeyou Istchee
locality in which they are called upon to perform their duties.
|HOURS PER DAY/WEEK:||7/35|
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please forward your resume to:
Cree Board of Health & Social Services of James Bay
Tel 514-861-5955 Fax 514-989-7495
With your application, please make sure to specify the Posting # and the Job title on which you wish to apply.
|WE THANK ALL CANDIDATES WHO APPLY, HOWEVER ONLY THOSE SELECTED
FOR AN INTERVIEW WILL BE CONTACTED.
In accordance with various Sections of the James Bay and Northern Quebec Agreement (JBNQA), the organization has the objective of staffing all of its positions with qualified and competent beneficiaries of the JBNQA.