- Period Of EmploymentContract
- Job Location Mistissini
- Education Level Undergraduate Degree (B.A.)
OPEN POSITION: The School Board is looking for candidates to fill
teacher for the school year 2020-2021 (contract position) – Carpentry Teacher
LOCATION OF WORK: MISTISSINI – Sabtuan Adult Education Services
COMPETITION NO: MIS-3780
NATURE OF WORK
Sabtuan Adult Education Services is seeking a dynamic, experienced carpenter to teach the upcoming Carpentry program in the Cree Nation of
Mistissini. The ideal candidate possesses excellent communication skills and has a proven ability to transmit information in a clear, professional, and understandable manner.
The instructor will prepare the course, deliver material, and evaluate students through the completion of the program. They will communicate
details about attendance and student progress to Sabtuan Adult Education Services administrators and maintain the safety of their teaching environment.
Individuals who have previously worked as a teacher/trainer in the carpentry field, or who have a strong interest in helping others learn the skills to become a carpenter, are strongly encouraged to apply.
About the Program:
Carpentry is an accredited vocational training program that prepares students to practice the trade of carpentry in different sectors, mostly in
residential, institutional and commercial and civil engineering and road works.
The teacher must prepare the students to carry out the following tasks: laying out projects and buildings; pouring concrete footings, foundations
and walls; making concrete columns, slabs, beams and stairs; building wood or metal floors and walls; building roofs; setting up scaffolding and temporary structures; installing doors and windows; insulating building envelopes and various other building elements; building permanent and temporary divisions; finishing the interior and exterior of a building; building wood stairs; installing modular furniture; and coordinating, analyzing, collecting, calculating and comparing data, particularly when establishing an estimate for repairs or remodeling.
A course outline is available at:
- A certified carpenter or hold a degree or a diploma from an accredited university or a college in a related discipline or an equivalent combination of education and industrial experience.
- Minimum 5 years of current experience with demonstrated relevant project experience.
- Advanced working knowledge of building construction and the applicable codes and standards.
- Advanced knowledge of building sciences
- Ability to read architectural blueprints.
- Ability to construct a residential or commercial building independently.
- Ability to prepare pedagogical materials.
- Demonstrated patience and ability to teach adult learners.
- Ability to develop, administer, mark exams to evaluate trainees’ progress.
- Ability to work efficiently with timelines.
- Proficiency in English is required.
- French and Cree are an asset.
- A Quebec teaching permit or brevet is a definite asset.
Full-time contract position, according to the
Salary as per the contract: $42,341.00 to $82,585.00
Northern Allowance: $8,484.00 to $13,573.00
Retention Premium: $3,500 to $5,000
BEGINNING OF EMPLOYMENT
As soon as possible
Please send your CV by completing the Application Form found HERE.
Please indicate the competition #: MIS-3780
Note that all documents submitted must be in PDF format.
December 16, 2020
END OF POSTING
January 20, 2021 5:00 PM