WE ARE HIRING A CARPENTRY TEACHER
Please indicate the competition number # EAST-4325
Department: Sabtuan Adult Education Services
Application Deadline: August 12, 2022 (3:00 PM)
Sabtuan Adult Education Services is see king a dynamic, experienced professional to teach the upcoming Carpentry Program in the Cree Nation of Eastmain.
In this jo b , yo u w ill:
- Prep are and deliver the course using Quebec curriculum/modules.
- Develop, administer, and mark exams.
- Evaluate students through the completion of the program.
- Communicate details about attendance and student progress to administration.
- Maintain the safety of the teaching environment.
The ideal candidate is:
- Patient, knowledgeable, and passionate about helping others build their skills.
- Experienced in teaching, training , and /or presenting information.
- Interested in working in a beautiful, serene Northern Indigenous community and support Cree capacity building.
Q UALIFICATIO NS
- A certified carpenter or hold a degree or a diploma from an accredited college in a related discipline or an equivalent combination of education and experience in the industry.
- Minimum 5 years of current experience with demonstrated relevant project experience.
- Proficiency in English is required.
- French and Cree are asset.
- A Quebec teaching permit or brevet is a definite asset.
Salary as per the contract: $42,341 to $82,585
Northern Allowance : $10, 015 to $17,652
Retention Premium : $5,500 to $ 7,000
*Ranges and benefits are subject to qualifications and collective agreement.
Contract position, according to the Collective Agreement.
Start date : To be determined.
The Carpentry program (program code 5819) is a 1 350-hour vocational program. The teacher will be responsible for teaching and evaluating all required competencies. Program information is available at inforouteftp.org.
In the above text, the masculine form also includes feminine forms.
To apply, please complete the Application Form here.
All documents must be submitted in PDF format.