Location of Work: Waskaganish
Closing Date: September 08, 2023
The Receptionist is responsible for the reception desk and the accomplishment of secretarial duties.
- Oversee the department’s incoming correspondences by providing general information and/or relaying them to the appropriate employee and/or department (i.e., answering phone calls, in person inquiries, emails, faxes and messages).
- Greet visitors and determine whether they should be given access to the department offices and/or specific individuals.
- Maintain office addresses and contact lists.
- Assist in processing travel claims, typing and formatting documents, entering data and filing.
- Ensure that public areas are accessible at regular office hours and are secure after office hours.
- Ensure that public areas are properly maintained.
- Contribute and participate in monthly housing meetings and support the Housing Unit by handling administrative tasks and assisting with special projects.
- Coordinate various meetings or conference calls, including setting up appointments, preparing meeting notices, making conference room reservations, and taking meeting minutes.
- Answer and/or coordinate responses to all administrative inquiries received and data entry.
- Organize and manage document files for efficient information retrieval.
- Order and maintain the office supplies.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge and skills in area(s) of responsibility.
- Perform other duties as required.
- High School Diploma.
- One year or less of relevant work experience.
- Fluency in verbal Cree.
- Fluency in English.
- Fluency in French is an asset.
Knowledge and Abilities:
- Customer-focused and service-oriented.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Ability to be discreet and maintain confidentiality.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Organizational skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products.
- Typical office setting where there are no unusual physical demands.
The Cree Nation Government may, at its discretion, waive any or all of the aforementioned requirements if a suitable candidate who is a JBNQA beneficiary accepts to follow a training plan determined by the Cree Nation Government as a condition of employment.