The Janitor is responsible for keeping buildings in a clean and orderly condition. More specifically, the incumbent is responsible for performing routine maintenance activities, notifying management of repair needs and performing overall cleaning duties.
- Perform assigned cleaning in Cree Nation Government facilities and housing units.
- Clean and polish floors, walls, furniture, toilets, and fixtures etc. with applicable products.
- Follow procedures for the use of chemical cleaners and power equipment in order to prevent damage to floors, walls, fixtures and furniture.
- Ensure building security and safety after operation hours by performing tasks such as locking doors, setting the building security system, observing if water is leaking, etc. as well as advising appropriate people when necessary and in a timely manner.
- Notify managers concerning repair needs and dysfunctional appliances.
- Make a requisition for cleaning supplies and equipment when needed.
- Perform all assigned tasks according to health and safety standards and procedures.
- Report any accidents in the facilities in a timely manner.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge and skills in area(s) of responsibility.
- Perform other duties as required.
- High school Diploma.
- One year or less of relevant work experience.
- Fluency in verbal Cree.
- Fluency in English.
Knowledge and Abilities:
- Good background in handling, mixing and using cleaning chemicals in a safe manner.
- Proven ability to work for long hours in standing position.
- Agility to perform physical tasks constantly.
- Knowledge of occupational hazards safety rules.
- Proven ability to communicate effectively.
- Demonstrated attention to detail and accuracy.
- Willingness to undertake work that may require considerable physical effort.
- Must agree to undergo a background check.
The Cree Nation Government may, at its discretion, waive any or all of the aforementioned requirements if a suitable candidate who is a JBNQA beneficiary accepts to follow a training plan determined by the Cree Nation Government as a condition of employment.
Pay Type: Hourly
Min. Hiring Rate: $19.95
Max. Hiring Rate: $26.64
To apply, click HERE and sign-in or create an account.