Location of Work: To Be Determined
Closing Date: September 13, 2023
The Capital Assets Assistant is responsible for assisting with the management of assets, leases and service contracts for the Cree Nation Government
- Maintain an up-to-date database of moveable assets belonging to Cree Nation Government in the communities.
- Coordinate the receipt of new assets in collaboration with the Procurement Officer.
- Create and maintain a retention schedule of moveable assets.
- Coordinate the maintenance and repair of assets (furniture, equipment).
- Coordinate with landlords to obtain lease proposals.
- Draft issue sheets for leases that will be presented for management approval.
- Follow up to ensure leases are approved and signed.
- Assess and draft cross departmental lease agreements for staff.
- Maintain database of contracts and leases.
- Notify departments when leases will soon expire.
- In collaboration with the Human Resources Department, coordinate office allocation for new or existing employees.
- Collaborate with insurance brokers to maintain up-to-date insurance policies for moveable assets and leases.
- Follow up with contract owners regarding end dates approaching.
- Oversee record management.
- Perform data entry and clerical duties.
- Work with the Finance department to track ongoing spending on contracts and leases.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge and skills in area(s) of responsibility.
- Perform other duties as required.
- College Diploma in Administration, Business or related field.
- One to three years of relevant work experience.
- Fluency in English.
- Fluency in French.
Knowledge and Abilities:
- Good administrative skills and attention to detail.
- Customer-focused and service-oriented.
- Proven ability to communicate effectively.
- Good judgment and proven ability to problem-solve.
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure and to adapt to a changing environment.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products.
- Typical office setting where there are no unusual physical demands.
- Willingness to travel occasionally.
The Cree Nation Government may, at its discretion, waive any or all of the aforementioned requirements if a suitable candidate who is a JBNQA beneficiary accepts to follow a training plan determined by the Cree Nation Government as a condition of employment.