Newmont is the world’s leading gold company and a producer of copper, silver, zinc and lead. The Company’s world-class portfolio of assets, prospects and talent is anchored in favorable mining jurisdictions in North America, South America, Australia and Africa. Newmont is the only gold producer listed in the S&P 500 Index and is widely recognized for its principled environmental, social and governance practices. The Company is an industry leader in value creation, supported by robust safety standards, superior execution and technical proficiency. Newmont was founded in 1921 and has been publicly traded since 1925.
The cage tender is part of the mining operations team. The incumbent is responsible for operating the cage safely.
- Operate the cage safely during the descent and ascent of personnel, equipment, ore and waste
- Understand and master the language of sound signals so as to communicate with the hoist operator during operations
- Ensure that ore and waste are properly loaded in the mine shaft
- Repair mine shaft components, when needed
- Respect, know and promote company regulations and policies, particularly with regard to health and safety
- All other related tasks
- High School Diploma and/or a combination of education and relevant experience
- 1 year of experience in cage operation
- Valid explosives permit
- Mining Modules 1 to 5 and 7
- Knowledge of the regulations and procedures in effect regarding mine shafts
- Ability to work as part of a team in a multicultural environment
Interested qualified candidates should send their resume via the company’s Web site at
www.newmont.com no later than June 18th , 2021.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, we will only contact those selected for an interview.
As an equal opportunity employer, Newmont is committed to diversity, inclusion, and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.