OPEN POSITION: BUYER
COMPETITION NUMBER: MIS-3771
LOCATION OF WORK: MISTISSINI – ADMINISTRATIVE CENTRE
NATURE OF WORK:
The principal and customary work of an employee in this class of employment consists in buying goods required by the school board according to established practices.
- The employee in this class of employment must update price lists and catalogues and identify potential suppliers.
- The employee analyzes purchase orders for goods, services or rentals, obtains information from users and requests pricing and bids; if necessary, he participates in the opening of bids. He ensures that the bids correspond to the requirements and determines which is the most advantageous for the school board, taking into consideration the availability of supplies, price, quality, guarantee, delivery date and location, after-sales service and, if necessary, taxes, discounts and customs charges.
- If necessary, the employee works with other staff to prepare and monitor the budget of a unit or department.
- The employee discusses prices and conditions of purchase with suppliers when the purchasing process does not include bids.
- The employee meets with sales representatives, monitors price trends, checks delivery slips and, if necessary, invoices and follows up with suppliers when goods are not delivered within the prescribed time or if the product does not conform to the specifications or to follow up on user complaints.
- The employee uses a computer and the necessary software to perform his or her duties related to word processing, database entry, spreadsheets and in-house programs; he conducts research on the Internet; uses electronic mail; enters data, prepares and prints tables and reports. He may be required to help, on occasion, colleagues with the common software and programs used.
- The employee makes suggestions and recommendations designed to improve the operations for which he is responsible; he participates in committee meetings.
- The employee may be required to train new buyers as well as to coordinate the work of support staff.
- If need be, he or she performs any other related duty
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Hold a Diploma of Vocational Studies in an appropriate specialty for the class of employment, a Secondary School Diploma or a diploma or an attestation of studies recognized as equivalent by the competent authority.
- Have six (6) years of pertinent experience.
- Have a thorough knowledge of office automation.
- Fluency in any of the three working languages of the Board is an asset (Cree, English or French).
- Working knowledge of the Policy regarding the award of supply, services and construction contracts of the Cree school Board and other procurement government legislation is a definite asset.
- Regular full-time position.
- Salary: $21.28/h – $25.27/h
- Northern Allowance: $8,484.00 – $13,573.00
BEGINNING OF EMPLOYMENT:
- To be determined.
Please complete the Application Form found HERE and forward it with your CV to:
CREE SCHOOL BOARD
203 Main Street
MISTISSINI, QC G0W 1C0
Fax: (418) 923-2073
Please indicate competition #: MIS-3771
DATE OF POSTING
December 4, 2020
December 17, 2020 4:30 P.M.