OPEN POSITION: BUYER
LOCATION OF WORK: MISTISSINI – ADULT EDUCATION HEAD OFFICE
COMPETITION NUMBER: MIS-3717
NATURE OF WORK
The principal and customary work of an employee in this class of employment consists in buying goods
required by the school board according to established practices.
- The employee in this class of employment must update price lists and catalogues and identify potential suppliers.
- Analyses purchase orders for goods, services or rentals, obtains information from users and requests pricing and bids; if necessary, he or she participates in the opening of bids.
- Ensures that the bids correspond to the requirements and determines which is the most advantageous for the school board, taking into consideration the availability of supplies, price, quality, guarantee, delivery date and location, after-sales service and, if necessary, taxes, discounts and customs charges.
- Works with other staff to prepare and monitor the budget of a unit or department.
- Discusses prices and conditions of purchase with suppliers when the purchasing process does not include bids.
- Meets with sales representatives, monitors price trends, checks delivery slips and, if necessary, invoices and follows up with suppliers when goods are not delivered within the prescribed time or if the product does not conform to the specifications or to follow up on user complaints.
- Uses a computer and the necessary software to perform his or her duties related to word processing, database entry, spreadsheets and in-house programs; conducts research on the Internet; uses electronic mail; enters data, prepares and prints tables and reports.
- May be required to help, on occasion, colleagues with the common software and programs used.
- Makes suggestions and recommendations designed to improve the operations for which he or she is responsible; participates in committee meetings. If need be, performs any other related duty
- Hold a Diploma of Vocational Studies in an appropriate specialty for the class of employment, a Secondary School Diploma or a diploma or an attestation of studies recognized as equivalent by the
competent authority, and have six (6) years of pertinent experience.
- Have a thorough knowledge of office automation.
- Fluency in English is required;
- Ability to work in French is an asset;
- Ability to speak Cree is required;
SALARY AND WORKING CONDITIONS
- Regular full-time position.
- Salary: $21.28 to $25.27 / hr
- Northern Allowance: $8,484.00 – $13,573.00
BEGINNING OF EMPLOYMENT
- As soon as possible
Please send your CV by completing the Application Form found HERE.
Please indicate the competition #: MIS-3717
Note that all documents submitted must be in PDF format.
DATE OF POSTING
October 2, 2020
October 16, 2020 3:00 P.M.
In the above text, includes both the masculine and feminine forms