- Period Of EmploymentFull Time
- Job Location Outside Communities
- Education Level College
Schedule: Monday to Friday
Location: Longueuil or Chibougamau
* This position requires travel to the Renard Mine located north of Chibougamau (once a month, Tuesday through Thursday).
Reporting to the Director of Procurement, you will be responsible for the following activities:
- Understanding and following purchasing policies ;
- Negotiate contracts and maintain good relations with suppliers ;
- Acquire the materials and services required for the mine site in a timely manner;
- Work in collaboration with the maintenance department, plant operations, warehouse supervisors and all applicants;
- Contribute to the company’s procurement activities, with the objective of creating net value, maintaining a competitive operation and matching demand and supply.
- You have a College Diploma in procurement, administration, operations management, logistics or a combination of training and equivalent experience;
- You have a technical certification or official professional certification (CSCP, CPIM or other asset);
- You have a minimum of 3 years of experience in a purchasing role in the mining sector or similar industry;
- You have excellent communication skills in both English and French and the ability to interact with all stakeholders;
- You are very comfortable with the use of computerized solutions, including the ability to produce reports and other documents with the Microsoft Office suite (knowledge of GuideTI is an asset).
The use of the masculine gender is intended solely to lighten the text and refers to both women and men.
Stornoway Diamonds is committed to the principle of employment equity. Our people are our most valuable asset and our goal is to create an inclusive and equitable environment where everyone can reach their true potential.
Stornoway Diamonds does not tolerate any form of discrimination or harassment. All personnel decisions, including hiring decisions, will be based on the company’s skills and needs. We welcome applications from qualified individuals from a variety of backgrounds.
Thank you for your interest in Stornoway Diamonds, please note that only online applications will be considered.
Please ensure that your profile is complete and up-to-date.
We will only contact you if your application is selected for an interview