Newmont is the world’s leading gold company and a producer of copper, silver, zinc and lead. The Company’s world-class portfolio of assets, prospects and talent is anchored in favorable mining jurisdictions in North America, South America, Australia and Africa. Newmont is the only gold producer listed in the S&P 500 Index and is widely recognized for its principled environmental, social and governance practices. The Company is an industry leader in value creation, supported by robust safety standards, superior execution and technical proficiency. Newmont was founded in 1921 and has been publicly traded since 1925.
The Bus and Roll-Off Truck Operator is part of the Surface Operations team. He/she is responsible for operating mobile service equipment, such as buses, roll offs, dump trucks, 25-ton trucks, etc., required to perform surface service operations.
- Moving containers with roll off
- Bus service to move passengers between the airport and the site
- Day/night shift
- Clean mobile vehicles in the wash bay to prepare them for mechanical maintenance
- Support loader services and 25-ton articulated truck to surface operations
- Support 50-ton truck operations for tailings transportation
- Ensure the proper functioning of its equipment by performing periodic mechanical inspections
- Respect, know and promote the regulations and policies of the company, particularly in terms of health and safety
- Ensure that the workplace is clean and safe at all times
- Report all incidents/accidents to his/her supervisor
- Participate in ongoing training program to improve best practices
- All tasks related to the performance of his/her duties
TRAINING & EXPERIENCE
- Minimum cinq (5) years of experience or more of relevant experience in driving vehicles mentioned in the description
- Valid class 1 driver’s license
- Bilingualism in French and English (an asset)
SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
- Teamwork in a multicultural environment
- Autonomous and responsible
- Ability to adapt
- 14 days of work followed by 14 days of rest
- Eleonore Mine Site (fly-in, fly-out from Montreal, Chibougamau, Matagami, Rouyn-Noranda, Val D’Or and Wemindji)
How to Apply
Interested qualified candidates should send their resume via the company’s Web site at www.newmont.com no later than December 06, 2023.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, we will only contact those selected for an interview.
As an equal opportunity employer, Newmont is committed to diversity, inclusion, and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Consistent with Newmont’s values of safety and responsibility, we believe that COVID-19 vaccination is a critical tool to fight this pandemic and protect the health and safety of Newmont’s workforce and the communities in which we work and live. Accordingly, if you receive an offer of employment for this position, you will be required to provide a declaration confirming that you are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to your anticipated start date, and you may also be required to provide proof of vaccination prior to your anticipated start date, or at a later date upon Newmont’s request. Newmont will consider individual requests for exemption/reasonable accommodation by applicants who cannot be fully vaccinated due to medical reasons or other grounds protected by applicable human rights law..