- Period Of EmploymentFull Time
The Bus and Roll Off Truck Operator is part of the Surface Operations team. He/she is responsible for operating mobile service equipment, such as buses, roll offs, dump trucks, 25 ton trucks, etc., required to perform surface service operations.
- Moving containers with roll off
- Bus service to move passengers between the airport and the site
- Day/night shift
- Clean mobile vehicles in the wash bay to prepare them for mechanical maintenance
- Support loader services and 25 ton articulated truck to surface operations
- Support 50 ton truck operations for tailings transportation
- Ensure the proper functioning of its equipment by performing periodic mechanical inspections
- Respect, know and promote the regulations and policies of the company, particularly in terms of health and safety
- Ensure that the workplace is clean and safe at all times
- Report all incidents/accidents to his/her supervisor
- Participate in ongoing training program to improve best practices
- All tasks related to the performance of his/her duties
- Minimum five (5) years of experience or more of relevant experience in driving vehicles mentioned in the description
- Valid class 1 driver’s license
- Bilingualism in French and English (an asset)
- Teamwork in a multicultural environment
- Be autonomous and responsible
- Ability to adapt
Work Schedule and Location:
- Schedule: 14 days of work followed by 14 days of rest
- Éléonore mine site (Fly-in, Fly-out)
Interested qualified candidates should send their resume via the company’s Web site at www.newmont.com no later than November 30, 2022
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, we will only contact those selected for an interview.
As an equal opportunity employer, Newmont is committed to diversity, inclusion, and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
This position is based at Newmont’s Eleonore mine site, which is a fly-in/fly-out operation. Pursuant to the Government of Canada’s vaccine requirement for travel, COVID-19 vaccination is required for all travelers departing from Canadian airports, which includes flights to/from Newmont’s Eleonore mine site, subject only to some very limited exemptions. Accordingly, if you receive an offer of employment for this position, you will be required to provide a declaration confirming that you are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or confirming that you have an exemption from the Government of Canada’s vaccine requirement for travel, prior to your anticipated start date. Further, if you receive an offer of employment for this position, you may also be required to provide proof of vaccination or exemption status prior to your anticipated start date, or at a later date upon Newmont’s request.