- Period Of EmploymentFull Time
- Job Location Mistissini
- Education Level College
OPEN POSITION: BUILDING TECHNICIAN
LOCATION OF WORK: MISTISSINI – ADULT LEARNING CENTRE
COMPETITION NUMBER: MIS-3742
NATURE OF WORK
The work of this employee consists in providing technical assistance to the various departments of the school board by conducting research, preparing drawings and specifications and collecting and supplying basic data to professionals and to those responsible for the various departments or in being responsible for the functioning of equipment associated with building systems.
- Analyses the needs as regards the construction and layout of premises as well as the construction of furniture and equipment, taking into account the constraints posed by its eventual use and the established standards.
- Carries out any necessary visits, research and consultations and prepares working drawings and specifications which will be used by professionals, such as architects and engineers.
- Verifies whether the work complies with the project specifications and the regulations and standards in force including those established by municipalities.
- Expresses an opinion on whether or not projects submitted to him or her should be carried out or suggest changes of a technical nature and, consequently, may be asked to explain its point of view to the administration.
- Within the limits of his or her competence, the employee prepares architectural plans and drawings for heating, ventilation, air conditioning, refrigeration, plumbing, electricity and others as well as the appropriate specifications for tenders and construction.
- Prepares standard plans for premises, such as laboratories and cafeterias; carries out various jobs, such as measuring surfaces, volumes and quantities of materials particularly for cost estimates and verification.
- May also monitor the work and prepare progress reports in order to determine the payments to be made and to ensure that deadlines are met.
- In the area of building systems, the employee is responsible for the functioning, maintenance, verification and installation of heating, air conditioning, ventilation, refrigeration and control systems; he or she calibrates, adjusts, modifies and programs electronic and pneumatic controls.
- Coordinates the technical work of the preventive maintenance of mechanical systems, conducts regular inspections and required operational tests; ensures that repairs are carried out or carries out repairs, as required; makes the necessary recommendations for major repairs or improvements required; participates in preparing and keeping an up-to-date physical inventory of mechanical services and of the replacement parts required for a safe operation of the systems; studies and suggests energy conservation programs and applies them or sees to their application once they are approved.
- If need be, performs any other related tasks.
- Hold a Diploma of College Studies in Building
Systems Technology or a diploma or an attestation of
studies recognized as equivalent by the competent
- Fluency in English is required;
- Ability to work in French is an asset;
- Ability to speak Cree is an asset;
SALARY AND WORKING CONDITIONS
- Regular full-time position.
- Salary: $22.74 to $31.99 /hr
- Northern Allowance: $8,484.00 to $13,573.00
BEGINNING OF EMPLOYMENT
- To be determined.
Please complete the Application Form found HERE or forward your CV to:
Human Resources Services
Cree School Board
203 Main Street
Mistissini, QC G0W 1C0
Please indicate posting #: MIS-3742
Note that all documents submitted must be in PDF format.
November 6, 2020
END OF POSTING
November 20, 2020 3:00 PM