Réf. : ELE00002648
Newmont is the world’s leading gold company and a producer of copper, silver, zinc and lead. The Company’s world-class portfolio of assets, prospects and talent is anchored in favorable mining jurisdictions in North America, South America, Australia and Africa. Newmont is the only gold producer listed in the S&P 500 Index and is widely recognized for its principled environmental, social and governance practices. The Company is an industry leader in value creation, supported by robust safety standards, superior execution and technical proficiency. Newmont was founded in 1921 and has been publicly traded since 1925.
The Building Mechanic is part of the Surface Services team. The incumbent is responsible for the maintenance of mechanical building systems such as plumbing, heating, refrigeration, ventilation, etc.
- Maintain and repair mechanical building systems
- Monitor the condition of mechanical building systems and submit findings and recommendations to the supervisor
- Implement corrective and preventive equipment maintenance programs
- Collaborate with carpenter for various jobs
- Respect, know and promote company regulations and policies, particularly with regard to health and safety
- All other related tasks
- Schedule : 14 days of work followed by 14 days off
- Professional Studies Diploma in building mechanicals or a combination of education and relevant experience
- 3 to 5 years experience in a similar position
- Valid driver’s permit
- Bilingualism (an asset)
- Ability to work in a team in a multicultural environment
- Ability to analyze and solve problems
Interested qualified candidates should send their resume via the company’s Web site at www.newmont.com/careers no later than February 18th, 2020.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, we will only contact those selected for an interview.
As an equal opportunity employer, Newmont is committed to diversity, inclusion, and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.