JOB TITLE: BUILDING MAINTENANCE WORKER
DATE OF POSTING: September 01, 2022
END OF POSTING: September 15, 2022 at 5:00 pm
Under the immediate supervision of the Coordinator of Operations and Maintenance, the Building Maintenance Worker is responsible for general repairs and maintenance on the premises of the Commercial Centre, Maamuu Centre’s, and other related facilities structures and equipment. He/she will perform preventative and repair maintenance to keep all buildings and equipment in good operating condition.
OVERVIEW OF MAIN TASKS & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensure safety and comfort of all the buildings to deliver Quality service to the clients and visitors.
- Perform minor and major repair of all buildings and non-network related equipment;
- Performs scheduled preventive maintenance on building mechanical equipment;
- Maintain buildings by carrying out variety of activities, such as repairs, general upkeep, pest control, carpentry, and plumbing. This also may include shoveling exit doors during winter.
- Maintain records of scheduled maintenance procedures and assist with overseeing and managing the maintenance supplies.
- Receives and completes work orders in a timely manner and reports to immediate supervisor;
- Respond and carry out on-call emergency maintenance as required;
- Assists with some works with access control systems, refrigeration and protection systems, fire detection, building heating and other electrical and mechanical systems.
- Assists in ensuring grounds and common areas are tidy and free of trash and debris.
- Participates in training and development to enhance skills in landscaping, air- conditioning, electrical work, plumbing, heating and power systems when required by the immediate supervisor and/or Director.
- Perform any other related tasks or assigned tasks.
- Must have Class 5 driver’s license
- High school or equivalent, diploma in Building Maintenance Construction is preferred.
- 5+ years’ building maintenance experience.
- Fluency in Cree, English, and French is an asset
KNOWLEDGE & ABILITIES
- Knowledge and ability to work with hand and power tools, common appliances and devices,
- Safety awareness
- Must be able to work independently with little supervision and have good time management skills.
- Ability to lift heavy material and equipment, climb heights, and climb onto ladders
- Basic understanding of electricity and plumbing.
- Permanent Full-time
- Thirty-five (35) hours per week
- 3-month probationary period
- According to Chisasibi Centre Inc. policies, which includes Cree Pension, Special Allowance and Sunlife Insurance
- Grade 06: Starting rate of $17.64/hr to a maximum of $28.58/hr based on qualifications and experience
Interested candidates can submit their cover letter, CV/Resume along with your credentials to: