- Period Of EmploymentFull Time
- Job Location Outside Communities
- Education Level Diploma of Vocational Studies (DEP)
|Position: BOOMTRUCK OPERATOR
Schedule: 14 days of work followed by 14 days off
Location: Renard mine
Homeports: Chibougamau-Chapais, Val d’Or, Quebec and St-Hubert airports
Posting date: June 18, 2021
Deadline to apply: July 9, 2021
Stornoway is recruiting a Boom truck Operator. Based at the Renard site and reporting to the underground supervisor, the Boom truck Operator is responsible for the following activities:
- Inspect and properly maintain the boom truck used to supply equipment for the underground mine;
- Operate safely the boom truck and other equipment;
- Ensure the efficient and safe conduct of activities;
- Work closely with the operators and teammates;
- Check upon arrival that the workplace is safe and respect at all times health and safety guidelines;
- Actively participate in the planning, health and safety and training meetings;
- Adequately complete daily reports and other documents;
- Observe the work-related laws, rules and procedures;
- Perform all other related tasks.
- Vocational diploma in Ore Extraction;
- Mining Modular Training completed (FMTM 1,2,3,4,5,7);
- Minimum of one year experience in an underground mine;
- Training in rigging;
- Hold valid driver’s license class 5;
- Hold valid explosive permit;
- Ability and interest to work underground;
- Autonomy and resourceful;
- Ability to work in a team;
- Exemplary attitude at all-time regarding health, safety and environment;
- Ability to communicate by radio in French and / or English;
- Interest and ability to work in a remote area and in a multicultural work environment.
The use of the masculine gender is intended solely to lighten the text and refers to both women and men.
Stornoway Diamonds is committed to the principle of employment equity. Our people are our most valuable asset and our goal is to create an inclusive and equitable environment where everyone can reach their true potential.
Stornoway Diamonds does not tolerate any form of discrimination or harassment. All personnel decisions, including hiring decisions, will be based on the company’s skills and needs. We welcome applications from qualified individuals from a variety of backgrounds.
Thank you for your interest in Stornoway Diamonds, please note that only online applications will be considered.
Please ensure that your profile is complete and up-to-date.
We will only contact you if your application is selected for an interview.