Schedule: 14 days of work followed by 14 days off
Location: Renard mine
Homeports: Chibougamau-Chapais, Val d’Or, Quebec and St-Hubert airports
Posting date: October 27, 2021
Deadline to apply: November 17, 2021
Stornoway is recruiting a Blockholer Operator. Under the supervision of the Foreman of the underground operations, the Blockholer Operator will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Check and properly maintain the blockholer drill;
- Safely move and position the blockholer drill;
- Drill manual or remote holes in bolders and blast;
- Ensure the activity-related tasks are performed efficiently and safely;
- Work closely with the supervisors, technical department, operators and teammates;
- Secure their work area;
- Actively participate in the planning, health and safety and training meetings;
- Adequately complete daily reports and other documents;
- Observe the work-related laws, rules and procedures;
- Perform all other related tasks.
- Vocational diploma (DEP) in drilling and blasting and/or relevant experience;
- Have 1 year experience in this position;
- Ability to read and interpret plans;
- Completed FMTM modules 1 to 5 and 7;
- Valid Class 5 driver’s license;
- Valid General Explosives Permit;
- Interested and able to work underground;
- Self-sufficient and resourceful;
- Ability to work in a team;
- Excellent organizational and task performance skills;
- Ability to work proactively and efficiently;
- Versatility and flexibility in performing tasks;
- Exemplary attitude regarding Health and Safety;
- Ability to communicate by radio in English and/or French;
- Work experience in an underground environment is considered an asset.
The use of the masculine gender is intended solely to lighten the text and refers to both women and men.
Stornoway Diamonds is committed to the principle of employment equity. Our people are our most valuable asset and our goal is to create an inclusive and equitable environment where everyone can reach their true potential.
Stornoway Diamonds does not tolerate any form of discrimination or harassment. All personnel decisions, including hiring decisions, will be based on the company’s skills and needs. We welcome applications from qualified individuals from a variety of backgrounds.
Thank you for your interest in Stornoway Diamonds, please note that only online applications will be considered.
Please ensure that your profile is complete and up-to-date.
We will only contact you if your application is selected for an interview.