STATUS: Full-Time Permanent Position
SALARY: Min $48,422 – Max $72,633
DATE OF POSTING: April 13, 2023
END OF POSTING: April 26, 2023 at 5PM
The Benefits Coordinator is responsible for assisting the Director of Human Resources in the development, implementation and evaluation of strategies, programs, initiatives, policies, and procedures related to compensation and benefits. The Benefits Coordinator is expected to support the efficient operations of a variety of HR functions that result in high quality services for all employees of the Cree Nation of Waskaganish.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist the Director of Human Resources with the development of short, medium, and long-term HR strategies, and with the development of HR programs, policies, and procedures related to compensation and benefits
- Ensure that the activities of the HR function remain on-track, as per the calendar of
- Keep the Director advised on critical and sensitive issues and work with the Director to resolve such Ensure effective implementation and follow-up on solutions.
Compensation and benefits responsibilities
- Collaborate with the Director in the implementation and communication of HR programs, policies and
- Ensure the smooth running of all HR processes, and perform such processes, including compensation, and ben
- Assist in the health and safety trainings by providing
- Propose a salary increase budget in collaboration with the Director.
- Responsible for the communication and administration of the pension and benefits
- Ensure the effective management of the Employee Assistance Program (e.g., manage EAP contract, communicate program).
- Manage and communicate the Health and Safety program in order to ensure a safe work environment for all employees of the Cree Nation of
- Manage the CNESST files, pension, group insurance, and other benefit
- Provide support and coaching to supervisors concerning a wide variety of HR issues, such as benefits and how to effectively implement policies and
- Provide support to employees on all HR related
Administration and reporting responsibilities
- Compile, analyze, and provide data or monthly reports regarding the status of HR issues related to compensation and bene
- Assist in the administration of the salary scale, yearly increases, allowances or any other amounts based on policies and procedures.
- Act as a liaison with the payroll/finance department ensuring they are informed in employee compensation and benefits to keep files up to date.
- Perform tasks related to the regional disparity allowance and life insurance, including reconciliation of information, and answering employee questions and
- Provide support and guidance to advisors in the application and interpretation of the compensation and benefits
- Ensure alignment and compliance of all processes, policies or procedures related to compensation and
- Promote on-going, effective, and open communication with Keep staff members informed of decisions that impact them and/or their department.
- Assist and contribute to the management of the Once approved, ensure that the budget is respected. Additional responsibilities
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge and skills in area(s) of responsibility
- Perform other duties as
Education and certification
- College degree or certificate and some University education
- Three to Five years of relevant experience
- Fluency in Cree and English, French is an asset
Knowledge and abilities
- Strong knowledge on human resources functions
- Customer focused and service oriented
- Proven ability to communicate effectively
- Proven ability to be discreet and maintain Confidentiality.
- Proven Organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure
- Working knowledge of computers and Microsoft Office products
All applications must provide certificates, diplomas and two reference letters.
All interested who possess the qualifications that are required for this position should submit his/her Curriculum Vitae to the attention of:
Human Resources Coordinator
P.O Box 60, 70 Waskaganish Street Waskaganish, QC J0M 1R0
Tel: 819-895-8650 EXT 3229 Fax: 819-895-8901