Backup Supervisor Ref.: 25951
Newmont is the world’s leading gold company and a producer of copper, silver, zinc and lead. The Company’s world-class portfolio of assets, prospects and talent is anchored in favourable mining jurisdictions in North America, South America, Australia and Africa. Newmont is the only gold producer listed in the S&P 500 Index and is widely recognized for its principled environmental, social and governance practices. The Company is an industry leader in value creation, supported by robust safety standards, superior execution and technical proficiency. Newmont was founded in 1921 and has been publicly traded since 1925.
The backup supervisor is part of the operations team in the process sector. They are responsible for supporting the operations supervisor to ensure that operations run smoothly and safely.
The incumbent of this position demonstrates leadership and focuses on achieving established objectives, in collaboration with the maintenance and metallurgy group. They ensure the optimization of all the circuits according to established performance indicators. They identify operational and mechanical equipment problems.
- Replace the supervisor during their absence
- Assist in tracking job cards
- Facilitate start-of-shift meetings
- Be able to perform, review and validate a JSA
- The backup supervisor must be able to operate the grinding/flotation and cyanidation/CIP/elution circuits and operate/optimize the plant via the control room.
- Start and stop equipment in these sectors according to established procedures
- Ensure the proper functioning of the equipment by using a DCS control system and by carrying out a periodic mechanical inspection
- Perform quality control tests on the process to ensure compliance with operating instructions
- Ensure the integrity of the shift samples and their preparation for the analytical laboratory
- Respect, know and promote company regulations and policies, particularly with regard to health and safety
- Participate in the creation and revision of work instructions as well as lockout sheets.
- Ensure the workplaces are clean and safe at all times
- Investigate any incident/accident with his/her team.
- Participate and support the continuous operator training program
- Keep records of information on production and write reports
- Assist the mechanics during the maintenance work and production shutdowns.
- Perform all other tasks related to the performance of their duties
- Diploma of vocational studies in mineral processing or a combination of education and relevant experience
- Minimum of ten (10) years of gold operations experience
- Knowledge of DCS/PLC control systems
- Experience in concentrator startup
- Computer knowledge (Word, Excel, ConformIT)
- Valid driver’s licence
- Bilingual (French and English) essential
- Teamwork in a multicultural environment
- Be autonomous and responsible
WORKPLACE AND WORK SCHEDULE
- Schedule: 14 days of work followed by 14 days of rest
- Éléonore mine site (Fly-in, Fly-out)
Interested persons must send us their résumés via the corporate website at www.newmont.com no later than September 22, 2022.
We thank all the applicants for their interest. However, we will only communicate with those selected for an interview.
As an employer subscribing to the principle of equal access to employment, Newmont is committed to promoting diversity, inclusion and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply. Arrangements may be made on request for candidates participating in all aspects of the selection process.
In line with Newmont’s values of safety and responsibility, we believe that vaccination against COVID-19 is
an essential tool in fighting this pandemic and protecting the health and safety of Newmont’s workforce
and communities in which we work and live. Therefore, if you receive a job offer for this position, you will
be asked to provide a statement confirming that you are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 before your
expected start date, and you may also be requested to provide proof of vaccination prior to your scheduled
start date, or at a later date if requested by Newmont. Newmont will consider individual
waiver/reasonable accommodation requests from applicants who cannot be fully immunized for medical
or other reasons protected by applicable human rights law.