Newmont is the world’s leading gold company and a producer of copper, silver, zinc and lead. The
Company’s world-class portfolio of assets, prospects and talent is anchored in favorable mining
jurisdictions in North America, South America, Australia and Africa. Newmont is the only gold
producer listed in the S&P 500 Index and is widely recognized for its principled environmental,
social and governance practices. The Company is an industry leader in value creation, supported
by robust safety standards, superior execution and technical proficiency. Newmont was founded in
1921 and has been publicly traded since 1925.
Reporting to the Supervisor Rock Mechanics, this role is to deliver backfill designs and schedules
that adhere to the monthly plan ensuring quality of fill for future mining activities.
The Eleonore mine ore body is very complex and requires innovative and robust initiatives as
well as understanding seismicity, ground control and rock fall risk management strategies.
- Delivers paste schedule including planning reticulation, monitoring and barricade activities
- Complete and issue paste fill instructions
- Deliver reticulation designs for underground operators to execute
- Complete performance monitoring of paste including paste reconciliations after each fill
- Ensure adequate supply of paste consumables
- Weekly void tracking to identify issues with excessive open void
- Undertake QAQC checks of paste barricade construction
- Troubleshoot paste related issues with underground operators
- French and English speaking.
- Underground hard rock mining experience
- Ability to analyze and solve problems.
- Organizational skills.
- Strong technical writing, group presentation, and interpersonal skills including cultural sensitivity.
Interested qualified candidates should send their resume via the company’s Web site at
www.newmont.com/careers no later than December 23rd, 2020.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, we will only contact those selected for an interview.
As an equal opportunity employer, Newmont is committed to diversity, inclusion, and accessibility. We
encourage all qualified candidates to apply. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking
part in all aspects of the selection process.