AUTOMOBILE MECHANICS TEACHER
Please indicate the competition number # MIS-4315
Department: Sabtuan Adult Education Services
Sabtuan Adult Education Services is seeking dynamic, experienced professionals to teach the upcoming Automobile Mechanics course in the Cree Nation of Mistissini
In this job, you will:
- Prepare and deliver the course using Quebec curriculum/modules.
- Develop, administer, and mark exams.
- Evaluate students through the completion of the program.
- Communicate details about attendance and student progress to administration.
- Maintain the safety of the teaching environment
The ideal candidate is:
- Patient, knowledgeable, and passionate about helping others build their skills.
- Experienced in teaching, training, and/or presenting information.
- Interested in working in a beautiful, serene Northern Indigenous community and support Cree capacity building.
- The ability to teach in English is required for the contracted positions offered in the Vocational Training sector.
- Degree or diploma from a vocational program in a relevant discipline (or equivalent combination of education, training and relevant experience).
- Valid qualifications for teaching in Quebec are a definite asset
- 5 years of relevant experience is needed
Salary as per the contract: $42,341 to $82,585
Northern Allowance: $8,484 to $13, 573
Retention Premium: $3,500 to $ 5,000
*Ranges and benefits are subject to qualifications and collective agreement.
Contract position, according to the Collective Agreement.
Start date in October 2022.
Application Deadline: August 12, 2022 (3:00 PM)
The Automobile Mechanics program (program code 5798) is an 1800-hour vocational program. The teacher will be responsible for teaching and evaluating all required competencies. Program information is available at inforouteftp.org.
*In the above text, includes both the masculine and feminine forms*
To apply, please complete the Application Form here.
All documents must be submitted in PDF format.