Job Posting Number: S-1920-0917
1. About this job posting
2. About this position
Person who welcomes, informs, refers and accompanies users. She/he ensures the comfort and answers the needs of the users. If necessary, she/he provides basic health care to the users and may be required to install certain devices. She/he may be called upon to accomplish basic maintenance tasks or simple office work.
As part of her/his functions, this person must be able to act as an interpreter between the resource persons and users from a Native Community.
- High school diploma;
In the absence of candidates matching the above mentioned requirement, the following may be considered:
- A combination of relevant knowledge and work experience.
Knowledge and Abilities:
- Ability to translate from Cree to English and vice versa;
- Ability to translate from Cree to French and vice versa;
- Practical and attentive to details;
- Autonomous, flexible, discrete and empathetic;
- Sense of accountability, resourcefulness and vigilance;
- Computer skills;
- Capacity to work with the users;
- Teamwork capabilities.
- Fluent in English, French and Cree.
- Reading and writing tests may be administered.
5. Salary information
All applicants must be Canadian citizens or have a Canadian work permit. Professionals must be licensed to practice in Québec. The Cree Board of Health and Social Services of James Bay aims to hire qualified Cree beneficiaries of the JBNQA, whenever possible. English is the working language of the CBHSSJB.
To apply, send your CV and a cover letter mentioning the Posting number to email@example.com or fax 1-819-855-2680. For information call 1-877-562-2733.