Quality Inn & Suites Val-d’Or 1111, de l’Escale Val-d’Or (Québec) J9P4G7
Reporting to the Director General, the Assistant Manager is responsible for directing the sales efforts of the hotel and the meeting room services in order to maximize revenue. In collaboration with department supervisors, he/she ensures guest satisfaction and employee engagement. He/she acts on behalf of the director in his/her absence.
Duties & Responsibilities
Tasks related to sales:
• Responsible for overseeing the retention and acquisition of accounts by growing existing accounts and generating new business to a level that meets or exceeds sales forecasts.
• Execute all aspects of the sales and marketing plans to surpass revenue goals. This includes making outside sales calls and cold calls while maintaining relationships with current accounts.
• Build and maintain relationships with key clients. Create and solicit new business through innovative means.
• Build a proper rapport with group conveners for utmost guest satisfaction and return.
• Make rooms and meeting rooms reservations.
• Ensure effective day-to-day operational ability on learning and understanding all hotel departments ensuring overall satisfaction.
• Ensure quality guest experience, from reservation to final check out.
• Ensure successful customer service recovery procedures.
• Control inventory of supplies, products and equipment and manage purchases.
• Put operational procedures in place and maintain their application.
• Ensure compliance with company policies and procedures
Human resources management :
• Assist department supervisors in recruiting, onboarding and appraising the performance of new employees.
• Support supervisors in their employee management.
• Representing the hotel to industry associations, business communities and customers.
• Three years of sales experience, including supervisor experience, are required.
• Knowledge of hotel operations
• Computer and hospitality software knowledge
Characteristic & Ability Requirements
• Good management of priorities
• Communication and leadership skills;
• Bilingualism, French and English.
Job start date: To be discussed
Contact: Alexandre Audet (Director General)
Means of communication
telephone : 819-874-8888 #5500