Posting # M-2223-0035
Position # 0103
ASSISTANT EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR – NISHIIYUU MIYUPIMAATISIIUN (0117)
|DEPARTMENT:||Nishiiyuu Miyupimaatisiiun (676000)|
|WORK LOCATION:||Based in Eeyou Istchee with travelling 2 weeks per
month in Chisasibi if based in another community
|STATUS:||1 Permanent Full Time|
|SALARY:||Class HC -4: Min. $106,805 – Max. $146,964|
SUMMARY OF THE POSITION
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Assistant Executive Director (AED) Nishiiyuu Miyupimaatisiiun’s role is primarily at the regional level. The incumbent contributes with the members of the executive management, to the planning, organization, coordination and evaluation of the activities of the Cree Board of Health and Social Services of James Bay (CBHSSJB). This is with the goal of ensuring that the health and well-being of the people and different populations of the communities improves over time and is within the mission, goals and prescribed programs of the CBHSSJB.
The incumbent ensures the program planning and the operational management of process at the regional level, to include and integrate Cree culture, tradition and traditional healing practice and cultural safety into all CBHSSJB services and programs, in a decentralized manner and in coordination with the organization’s managements.
The incumbent is also responsible for the regional management of organizational quality with respect to this component of CBHSSJB operations.
In addition, the incumbent carries out this role in respect of the Council of Chishaayiyuu’s guidance and norms for Traditional Protocols and Practices, according to the Terms of Reference of the Council. Functioning at the Regional level, the incumbent also ensures representation with Elders and Traditional People in Eeyou Istchee and across North America, and senior levels of the Cree leadership and MSSS.
Education and experience:
- Master’s degree in a relevant field in administration or in another relevant field (e.g., Cultural studies) with four (4) years of related and appropriate senior level administrative line management and leadership; or,
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field in administration or in another relevant field (e.g., Cultural studies) and six (6) years of related and appropriate senior level administrative line management and leadership.
Knowledge and Abilities:
- Extensive knowledge of Cree culture, history, communities and language;
- Experience and/or ability in establishing and maintaining good relationships with the Council of Chishaayiyuu, elders and traditional healers, as well as community residents and leadership;
- Experience and ability in the identification of the Cree holistic health and healing program and services needs of beneficiaries;
- Extensive knowledge of: traditional Cree holistic health and healing practices in relation to services, current issues and trends, and program planning and supervision, including the development of policies and programs, and quality assurance systems;
- Knowledge of health and social services quality systems;
- Knowledge of accreditation standards and processes;
- Demonstrated ability to engage clients, families and other members of the Cree communities to understand their needs and develop organizational responses;
- Ability to provide leadership and line management to staff, and operational delivery management, planning, organization, coordination, supervision and quality assurance;
- Ability to both manage the planning and development of new services and programs, and the maintenance and quality assurance of existing services and programs;
- Strong knowledge of Regional Board strategic planning, organization, coordination, budget planning;
- Strong record in a similar type of programming development and planning, or management;
- Ability to effectively carry out the project management of developing new programs and services;
- Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken;
- Ability to effectively collaborate with all colleagues, as a team member and positive leader;
- Ability in administrative computer applications.
- Fluent in Cree and English;
- Fluency in French is an asset.
- Willing to work from Chisasibi 2 weeks/month (if permanently based in another community);
- Willing to travel extensively and participate in required training.
|POSTING START/END DATE:||2023-02-28 / 2023-03-14|
|HOUSING PROVIDED:||Yes, if hired more than 50 kilometres from the Eeyou Istchee locality in which they are called upon to perform their duties.|
|HOURS PER DAY/WEEK:||7 / 35|
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please forward your resume to:
Cree Board of Health & Social Services of James Bay
Tel 514-861-5955 Fax 514-989-7495
With your application, please make sure to specify the Posting # and the Job title on which you wish to apply.
|WE THANK ALL CANDIDATES WHO APPLY, HOWEVER ONLY THOSE SELECTED
FOR AN INTERVIEW WILL BE CONTACTED.
In accordance with various Sections of the James Bay and Northern Quebec Agreement (JBNQA), the organization has the objective of staffing all of its positions with qualified and competent beneficiaries of the JBNQA.