Posting # DEV-M-2324-0016
Position # 0153
ASSISTANT DIRECTOR YOUTH HEALING SERVICES (0342)
|DEPARTMENT:||Youth Healing Administration (500030)|
|MANAGEMENT LEVEL:||Senior Manager|
|STATUS:||1 Permanent Full-Time|
|SALARY:||Class 39: Min. $87,137 – Max $113,278|
SUMMARY OF THE POSITION
Reporting to the Director of Youth Healing Services (DYHS) in the Pimuhteheu Group, the incumbent supports the DYHS. She/he ensures the line management, operational leadership, planning,
organization, coordination, implementation, control, supervision, on-going evaluation and reporting of all activities and their human, financial, material and information resources management and helps to oversee the daily implementation and control of all activities related to the CBHSSJB Youth Healing operation of its two Group Homes and Reception Centre. Ensures such for the Bush Program and special projects in prevention and promotion.
The incumbent contributes to the definition, strategic planning, development, evaluation and quality assurance functions of the Youth Healing Unit’s services and programs and helps to ensure the tactical program, policies and protocols planning.
- Supports the DYHS in ensuring the accessibility of services 24-hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year as required.
- Ensures that the programs and services provided under their responsibility are based on respect and autonomy of individuals, and responds to their bio-psycho-social, cultural and spiritual needs.
- Contributes to the planning, organization and coordination for the development and programming of the Youth Healing Direction’s (YHS) services, and collaborates in planning for related and integrated programming and inter-entity and community collaborative planning and protocols.
- Contributes to the preparation of the administrative, professional and clinical organizational plan and regional plan for the organization of YH services (Regional Services Organizational Plan).
- Contributes to the inter-entity and community collaborative planning in the region and the linkages and corridors of specialized services outside of the region and to the accessibility of
services for children and their families to the Community Miyupimaatisiiun Centers (CMCs), youth protection, mental health, the dependencies program and other Pimuhteheu Group services.
- Helps to oversee the compliance with the YH professional codes, laws, regulations, protocols, ethics and guidelines with regards to the activities under their responsibility.
- Ensures the operational level management access, leadership, accountability, planning, organization, coordination, implementation, control, supervision, and reporting for all the interventions, services and programs within the Youth Healing (YH) Unit. This is for:
- Line and employee relations management of YHS Coordinators, team leaders, YHS community workers and community administrative officers;
- Revision of YHS files, through the Coordinators and Team Leaders;
- Specific support activities to the services and programs within the YHS jurisdiction;
- Management of the coordinators and the YHS team leaders, PPRO and staff in terms of their clinical and legal needs.
- Collaborates in the delivery of specialized services with youth protection and external providers, according to DYHS role and direct responsibility for this function.
- Contributes to the accessibility, continuity and complementarity of the services dispensed by their unit with those offered by the other unit of the YHS, and the other resources within the
community, the organization or outside of the region for corridors of services in order to achieve a seamless integrated circle (continuum) of care for the community residents or other clients.
- Receives regular reports of quality assurance data collection from the YHS coordinators, analyses it, and submits reports and recommendations to the Director of Youth Healing Services.
- Contributes to the development of an effective record keeping (client files) and the maintenance of various records.
- Collaborates in the development of clinical and management information systems.
- Collaborates with Quebec orders or associations on the professional inspection process for the Youth Healing Services.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor degree in a social services area or a related field (e.g., health care administration, public health, social work, counseling, personnel administration, or others as appropriate);
- 5 years of relevant experience;
- Candidates with a relevant combination of education and experience will be considered.
Knowledge and abilities
- Strong knowledge of the Quebec public administration human resources management laws and regulations;
- Strong knowledge of current issues and trends in human resources management, and operational delivery planning, organization, coordination, supervision and quality assurance systems;
- Strong leadership and line management skills, including finance, material and information resources management;
- Ability to effectively manage a staff/functional management in a line-staff organization;
- Ability to both manage the planning and development of new services and programs, and the maintenance and quality assurance of existing services and programs;
- Knowledge of, or ability to grasp the issues and context that relate to First Nation health and social services programming;
- Excellent critical thinking, synthesis, decision-making, planning and organizational skills;
- Results-oriented, autonomous, flexible, and ability to multi-task;
- Excellent interpersonal communication, and respectful leadership and teamwork skills;
- Human relations, coaching and mediation skills;
- Excellent communication skills, both listening, written and presentation;
- Ability to effectively collaborate with all colleagues, as a team member and team leader.
- Fluent in Cree and English;
- Fluency in French is an asset.
- Willing to travel extensively;
- Valid driver’s license.
|POSTING START/END DATE:||2023-05-27 / 2023-06-10|
|HOUSING PROVIDED:||Yes, if hired more than 50 kilometres from the Eeyou Istchee locality in which they are called upon to perform their duties.|
|HOURS PER DAY/WEEK:||7 / 35|
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please go to our website https://creehealth.org/home ->Careers -> Job Opportunities
Cree Board of Health & Social Services of James Bay
Tel 514-861-5955 Fax 514-989-7495
With your application, please make sure to specify the Posting # and the Job title on which you wish to apply.
|WE THANK ALL CANDIDATES WHO APPLY, HOWEVER ONLY THOSE SELECTED
FOR AN INTERVIEW WILL BE CONTACTED.
In accordance with various Sections of the James Bay and Northern Quebec Agreement (JBNQA), the organization has the objective of staffing all of its positions with qualified and competent beneficiaries of the JBNQA.
Please note that applicants registered in the Indigenous Succession Plan may be considered for this position if they have sufficient university educational credits to be eligible for the management activities associated with this position.