- Period Of EmploymentFull Time
- Job Location Chisasibi
- Education Level Undergraduate Degree (B.A.)
PERMANENT FULL TIME
DEPARTMENT: Financial Adm. (730205)
WORK LOCATION: Chisasibi
MANAGEMENT LEVEL: Senior Manager
STATUS: 1 PERMANENT FULL TIME
SALARY: Class 16: Min. $82,111 – Max. $106,744
SUMMARY OF THE POSITION:
Reporting to the Director of Financial Resources, the incumbent ensures the daily operational level of planning, implementation, supervision, control, performance and reporting for the financial management of the organization. The incumbent provides support, analysis and recommendations to the Director of Financial Resources in specific Regional Board responsibilities for the management of the organization’s financial resources.
SPECIFIC FUNCTIONS (FOR INFORMATION PURPOSES ONLY):
- Contributes at the Multi-Establishment(s) level to the effective functional management of the financial resources of the organization through contributing to the planning and evaluation, and ensuring the daily operational level planning, organization, coordination, implementation, control, and reporting.
- Contributes to organizational financial management of all budgets, including the Ministry of Health and Social Services of Quebec (MSSS), other Quebec funds, Cree Non-Insured Health Benefits (CNIHB), federal, and any other special budgets.
- Contributes to the assurance that the allocated funds and budgets are used as required by the laws, the recognized management norms and principles, MSSS guidelines and regulation and the decisions of the Board of Directors.
- Contributes to the analysis of the financial statements of the organization, and ensures the distribution, administration and control of expenses. Provides the Directors with the relevant information on the organization’s budget status, and also on the budget consequences of administrative and Board of Directors decisions regarding the management and use of their financial resources.
- Contributes to the preparation of appropriate reports and information regarding the organization’s budget forecasts, financial, operational and statistical activities and periodical reports, the annual financial statements, and the annual statistical reports for the MSSS and other funders.
- Replaces the Director of Financial Resources in their absence, upon mandate.
- Carries out any other function at the request of their supervisor.
- Bachelor degree in administration with a finance specialization;
- CPA (C.A., C.G.A. or C.M.A.) designation.
- Three (3) years experience in a management position in a health or social setting, or public organization.
Knowledge and experience:
- Good knowledge of the Quebec public administration financial management laws and regulations, with knowledge of same for a regional board, CIUSSS/CISSS, Youth Protection, Hospital and Re-adaptation programs is an asset;
- Good knowledge of the MSSS laws, regulations, the Réseau Universitaire Intégré de Santé (RUIS) Network, orientations and programs for the management of financial resources in the MSSS health and social services environment is an asset;
- Good knowledge of current issues and trends in financial resources management, and operational delivery planning, organization, coordination, supervision and quality assurance;
- Good and broad knowledge of the entire range of financial sub-functions, and especially financial management information systems;
- Understanding and appreciation of human resources functions and issues;
- Good leadership and line management skills, including human and information resources management;
- Ability to effectively manage a staff/functional management in a line-staff organization;
- Good record in financial management;
- Knowledge of or ability to grasp the issues and context that relate to First Nation health and social services programming;
- Knowledge of Cree culture, communities and language is an asset;
- Good critical thinking, synthesis, decision-making, planning and organizational skills;
- Results-oriented, autonomous, flexible, and ability to multi-task;
- Excellent interpersonal communication, and respectful leadership and teamwork skills;
- Human relations, coaching and mediation skills;
- Excellent communication skills, both listening, written and presentation;
- Ability to effectively collaborate with all colleagues, as a team member and team leader;
- Ability in administrative and statistical computer applications, and management information systems with skills in Virtuo and other major accounting systems in the health sector being an asset.
- Fluent in French and English;
- Fluency in Cree is an asset.
- Willing to travel.
OTHER DETAILS :
End date : 10/04/2020 Shift type : Day
Positions available: 1
Hours per day/week: 7/35
Housing provided : Yes
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply, please forward your resume to:
Cree Board of Health & Social Services of James Bay
Tel: 514-861-5955 Fax: 514-989-7495
Posting # : PR-MGMT-1920-0036
Position Number :0009
With your application, please make sure to specify the PR and/or posting number as well as the Job title on which you wish to apply.
We thank all candidates who apply, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Note 1: In accordance with various Sections of the James Bay and Northern Quebec Agreement (JBNQA), the organization has the objective of staffing all of its positions with qualified and competent beneficiaries of the JBNQA.