Posting # DEV-M-2324-0057
Position # 0184
ASSISTANT DIRECTOR COMMUNICATIONS (0212)
|MANAGEMENT LEVEL:||Senior Manager|
|STATUS:||1 Permanent Full-Time|
|SALARY:||Class 39: Min. $87,137- Max. $113,278|
SUMMARY OF THE POSITION
Reporting to the Director of Communications, the Assistant Director contributes to the planning and implementation of internal and external communications strategies to promote the organization’s mission and vision. This person will be responsible for ensuring that the reputation and brand vision of the Cree Board of Health and Social Services of James Bay (CBHSSJB) are respected.
The Assistant Director will support the development, coordination and maintenance of a comprehensive service offering for all CBHSSJB communications activities. He/she will work collaboratively with internal and external partners to provide community members in Eeyou Istchee with accurate and adequate information for their health and well-being. He/she will ensure the use of appropriate communication media.
In collaboration with the Director, the Assistant Director will oversee the development and implementation of the CBHSSJB public relations and media relations.
The Assistant Director will participate in the organization’s administration, operation, development and implementation of strategies based on the Eeyou Istchee population’s health care and social services priorities and ministerial orientations.
The Assistant Director will work in a context of continuous improvement where major and highly complex changes are on-going and will be asked to do so with the constant concern of implementing good practices in alignment with the CBHSSJB vision: “Individuals, families and communities strive to achieve Miyupimaatisiiun reflective of Nishiiyuu”.
- Contributes to the management of regional issues and, through his/her leadership, actively participates in orientations, accountability, planning, coordination, organization, development, evaluation, identification of resource development needs, with a view to sound management and mobilization of the organization’s communication needs.
- Ensures that proper support is given to the Executive and Assistant Executive Directors and their managers, in order to meet their communication needs.
- Ensures seamless access to communications services: accountability, planning, organization, coordination, implementation, control, supervision and reporting – for all communications services and projects.
- Provides expertise in the field of Communications and in management, specifically in the fields of:
- Strategic advice to senior management, to the Chairperson and managers of the organization;
- Internal communications planning, namely:
- i. Flow of information to employees and managers,
- ii. The Newsletter,
- iii. The CBHSSJB’s intranet.
- External communications planning, namely:
- i. Government relations,
- ii. Press relations,
- iii. Events and publications,
- iv. Web site, Social media, radio, advertisement.
- External communications planning, namely:
- Analyzes, on an ongoing basis, the needs and expectations of different internal and external audiences with a view to identifying priorities and the nature of the information to be disseminated.
- Provides support to managers to develop their communication skills and abilities.
- Contributes to the development of indicators to measure the achievement of organizational communications, media relations and public affairs objectives.
- Participates in the development and implementation of a multidisciplinary teams able to identify and develops services that will meet the different needs of the population.
- Ensures that the programs and services provided are based on support of the organization’s goal of improved health and wellbeing of the people of the communities.
- Contributes to the development of policies and procedures pertaining to communication services within their area of responsibility.
- Collaborates with the Director to ensure the coordination and monitoring of the activities of the communication units and ensures that the services offered to internal and external clients and partners are of high quality.
- Contributes to the planning, development and evaluation of programs for the communities in Eeyou Istchee, and ensures the implementation of all programs include measures to support cultural safety.
- Contributes to the development of all CBHSSJB communication campaign for the services and programs, including the development and implementation of tools and promotional material such as brochures, posters, fliers, public service announcements, infographics, PowerPoint presentations, trainings, websites, videos and social media strategies.
- Ensures the evaluation of the efficiency of the processes and their constant improvement through an active involvement in the review of the work processes, the determination of the skills profiles adapted to the clienteles served, as well as the application and compliance with professional standards.
- Supports the design or implementation of organizational activities or projects and completes major projects identified by the Director.
- Provides communication expertise to other sectors and services and various bodies of the organization (clinical boards, board of directors, directorates, departments).
- Provides consulting expertise for the planning and coordination of the production of documents or other formal presentations on the organization.
- Provides consulting expertise for the planning and coordination of official events (symposium, open house, official opening).
- Participates in the drafting of the CBHSSJB’s corporate newsletter and annual report.
- Helps create content that positions the CBHSSJB at the forefront of the First Nations healthcare industry.
- Builds awareness for the CBHSSJB public image and brand.
- Ensures the quality of documents produced by the department, including press releases, key messages, questions and answers, speeches, presentations and signed articles, etc.
- Prepares, positions, and coaches the executive team for all public events.
- Monitors the evolution of public opinion and the media environment with regard to the CBHSSJB and evaluates the impact of public comments and appearances by the organization’s representatives.
- Participates in the development and implementation of a social media strategy.
Education and Experience
- A bachelor’s degree in a field related to communications or to marketing.
- A master’s degree in a field related to communications is an asset.
- At least seven (7) years’ experience in a management position in the field of communications, media relations or marketing.
Knowledge and Abilities
- Excellent communication skills, both listening, written and presentation.
- Attention to detail, sense of organization and ability to manage several files at once and prioritize.
- Proven experience in large-scale public, para-public, and private organizations.
- Experience with partners and political bodies.
- Experience in crisis management involving, but not limited to, organizational, territorial, political or ministerial bodies in coordination with the media.
- In-depth understanding and familiarity with the challenges of the health and social services sector.
- In-depth understanding and familiarity with the challenges of the francophone, anglophone, and Indigenous communities.
- Thorough understanding of relations with public and political bodies, as well as local and provincial media.
- Good command of communications media and social networks such as Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn.
- Strong leadership and line management skills, including finance, material and information resources management.
- Ability to effectively manage a staff/functional management in a line-staff organization.
- Ability to both manage the planning and development of new services and programs, and the maintenance and quality assurance of existing services and programs.
- Knowledge of, or ability to grasp the issues and context that relate to First Nation health and social services programming.
- Excellent critical thinking, synthesis, decision-making, planning and organizational skills.
- Results-oriented, autonomous, flexible, and ability to multi-task.
- Excellent interpersonal communication, and respectful leadership and teamwork skills.
- Ability to maintain excellent human relations, identify the professional development needs of his/her team and resolve conflicts.
- Ability to effectively collaborate with all colleagues, as a team member and team leader.
- Fluent in English and French;
- Fluency in Cree is an asset.
- Willing to travel regularly.
|POSTING START/END DATE:||2023-08-15/2023-08-29|
|HOUSING PROVIDED:||Yes, if hired more than 50 kilometres from the Eeyou Istchee locality in which they are called upon to perform their duties.|
|HOURS PER DAY/WEEK:||7/35|
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please go to our website https://creehealth.org/home ->Careers -> Job Opportunities
Cree Board of Health & Social Services of James Bay
Tel 514-861-5955 Fax 514-989-7495
Need assistance or have questions. Email us firstname.lastname@example.org
|WE THANK ALL CANDIDATES WHO APPLY, HOWEVER ONLY THOSE SELECTED FOR AN INTERVIEW WILL BE CONTACTED.|
In accordance with various Sections of the James Bay and Northern Quebec Agreement (JBNQA), the organization has the objective of staffing all of its positions with qualified and competent beneficiaries of the JBNQA.
Please note that applicants registered in the Indigenous Succession Plan may be considered for this position if they have sufficient university educational credits to be eligible for the management activities associated with this position.