Employment Opportunity: Assistant Director
Job Posting: August 9 – 23, 2023
Cree Women of Eeyou Istchee Association (CWEIA) is looking for a dynamic, self-starter interested in joining our organization as an Assistant Director. In this role you will work side by side with the director helping with all daily operational and administrative tasks as needed. You will also contribute to the strategic planning and implementation of processes and goals of the organization.
General expectations for the position of Assistant Director for CWEIA
- Monitoring and coordination of agreements and ensuring the sound management of projects
- Oversee and support the communications coordinator on behalf of CWEIA, and in particular develop the annual report, newsletter, maintain and update website
- Prepare corporate minutes and draft resolutions
- Implementation of special and ad hoc projects for CWEIA, stakeholders and potential project sponsors
- Provision of expertise and professional logistics for special projects and activities on behalf of CWEIA and clients as may be required.
- Research and development of new proposals for the organization, and submit or ensure reports are submitted for funded projects
- Assist in the Sound internal financial management of CWEIA and it’s projects, project the financial/expense reports to coordinators
- Generate revenues through projects to support CWEIA’s operations
- Work in collaboration with CWEIA’s bookkeeper to ensure payables and receivables are allocated properly as according to agreements, projects and budgets.
- Work with auditors during audit time
- Prepare and enter EFT requistions
- Enter Payroll into ceridian
- Assist in the supervision of CWEIA staff, especially in the Executive Director’s absence
- Must be willing to travel when required
- Other duties/responsibilities as assigned
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritize and delegate tasks.
- Possess speaking and presentation skills.
- Ability to create and present ideas and budgets in a variety of formats.
- Proficient with Computers, Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Fluency in Cree and English; ability to write documents in English
- Fluency in French is an asset
- Ability to travel and to work a flexible schedule (availability for occasional weekends and evenings)
Education and Experience:
- Diploma in business management or related field preferred
- 2+ years experience in related field, or supervisory position
Job Title: Assistant Director
Work Location: Remote work in Eeyou Istchee – Work from Home
Job Category: Full Time Contractual
Salary: Starting Salary is $55,000.00
Work Hours: 35 hours week
Other work Conditions: Possibility of Evenings and Weekends depending on Events
Hiring Priority: Cree Beneficiary
Posting Date: August 9 to 23, 2023
Please submit your cover letter and resume to the Executive Director via email to email@example.com before the deadline August 23, 2023 @ 5:00 pm.
CWEIA would like to thank all interested applicants.